Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #841
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, Kobo Glo
I'm waiting for the projects for level 18. I'm looking forward to 18 because I put the level 18 cores (Los Quesos and Rat Land) on quick surge spots while they still behaved as if they weren't cores (got to surge just the food and bucks-bit of them too, several times ). They're still on the quick surge spots, surrounded by Fertility Clinics, but Los Quesos only have 4 spots near it so I can't surge that one... The fifth spot is the Rat Land, surrounded by 7 Fertility clinics, so it yields 200K pop a surge. Pop gifts not needed especially as it is on a functioning quick surge spot after all

Baen Bucks: 265,153,181
Baen Bliss: 8,200,690
Population: 1,414,920
Food: 13,773,003
Energy: 14,605,468
Military: 10,868,999
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 0/85
Total Bucks per Cycle: 38,132,115
from Assets: 14,078,475
from Pop.: 24,053,640
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +35%
Bliss - Base Need: 1,126,090
Low-Bliss Cost: 0
Energy - Base Need: 1,871,188
Low-Energy Bliss Cost: 0%
Food - Base Need: 1,038,723
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty: 0%
Famine Pop. Loss: 0

Wow, a million citizens, whenever did that happen? Breed like rabbits, they do.
kaleissin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #842
rolalinii
Ghost
rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle
tell me about sluggish i can't even play atm cause of it.. and the errors.. ugg
rolalinii is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #843
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
I can only play in the evening for two cycles, and normaly this is fine with me. But at the moment, there goes nothing. So I got now one cycle around in two hours, and I did not level up because it is so tiredsome. I am going to bed, in hope it will be better tomorrow, maybe.
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #844
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
It appears to be fixed, according to the bar forum, and I just managed to rescue my freeholds in a very short time. It seems quicker now than it has ever been.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #845
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
It appears to be fixed, according to the bar forum, and I just managed to rescue my freeholds in a very short time. It seems quicker now than it has ever been.
I fear that you may have spoken to soon. Back to slow by 0900 am e.d.t.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #846
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
And now down, for migration to a new server.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #847
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

Device: none
I hope I don't lose all my surge points....I had just levelled before it went down and I had over 200 points. Time enough for a new cycle to reset. *sigh*
mnfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #848
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
And now down, for migration to a new server.

I've never been able to log into the forum. So could someone post news about what's going on here as well?

Anyone know how long the migration is supposed to last?
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #849
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Here's the announcement from Baen's bar:

Quote:
darkcoffee wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 12:54

If it goes down for a few days, it will be until Bob Kruger returns from vacation and can get under the hood, which is this weekend -- so that definitely includes the 4th.

Quote:
cheesekk wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 12:15

Quote:
BOTK wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 10:03

Quote:
darkcoffee wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 09:36

We are going to attempt to migrate the game to a new server configuration today, and the game will be down for a while. Hopefully, all goes well. If not, we may be out of service for a few days.

Tony D.
If it does go down "for a few days", can you make sure it doesn't come back up until after July 4, so we can have a holiday (and not spend 2 hrs each surge trying to keep things going?)
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #850
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Here's the announcement from Baen's bar:
Thanks! Appreciate it.

Hope it's not down too long. I feel weird when I check in every four hours and it's not there.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #851
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It looks to be live again and the next cycle will start in 1 hour, 45 minutes (around 8:05 PM CDT/ 1:05 Zulu time). I think this is about the same time it was rolling over yesterday, so they must have been down some multiple of 4 hours.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #852
bgalbrecht
Wizard

And it's down again.

Quote:
Motiak wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 18:51

Just as a heads up, it likely will go back down in a bit. We haven't made the switch over to a new config yet.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #853
bgalbrecht
Wizard

It's back up again, and it will be starting a new cycle about the time I finish this posting. However, nothing updated at the end of the cycle.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 07-04-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Still not live...
Old 07-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #854
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

Device: none
It's up for me, and I caught it before a cycle ended so got to use all of my points. Unfortunately, when the cycle turned over, nothing happened other than the timer counting down from 4 hours. No restock on surge points, no recharge of assets, and no money earned. So something is still off, I think.
mnfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #855
DuskyRose
Guru

I saw it just minutes before the first cycle, but like mnfe nothing happened when it rolled over.

I've been keeping an eye on it all afternoon, and a few minutes ago saw I had 16 minutes left. I leave and come back and now it's 2 hours, 2 minutes! Bummer. I've been waiting on the rollover so I can get my next book, so have been watching closely.

Guess we're in some kind of holding pattern now?