Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
iienderii
iienderii began at the beginning.

Device: PC, Google Pixel 4XL
Question Request: increase length of drop-down box

Hello (again)!

Has anyone else has had a desire to increase the length of the dropdown box(es)? It appears that they work off of some default.

I didn't see any previous posts on the subject. The attached image illustrates what I'm talking about.

Not looking to bother anyone with an annoying request - but I'm crossing fingers that someone else has found a way to do this already.

Thanks for you time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibrecropped.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	147621  

Last edited by iienderii; 04-05-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: added attachment
iienderii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You do know that you can type a few letters and the contents of the pulldown adjusts?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:19 PM   #3
iienderii

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You do know that you can type a few letters and the contents of the pulldown adjusts?
Yes. And I do that...EVERY DAY. It would be a benefit to have the ability to increase the length of the dropdown box.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:08 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by iienderii View Post
Yes. And I do that...EVERY DAY. It would be a benefit to have the ability to increase the length of the dropdown box.
@iienderii - what column type is Mazagine Title ?

Added : I'm guessing its 'Comma separated text like tags . . .', try Shift+F2 on the highlighted cell. Not exactly what you want but... maybe close enough. If the column was 'Text with a fixed set of values', you would get a longer list, but not as easy to Add new Mag Titles

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-06-2016 at 03:32 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:58 PM   #5
iienderii

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@iienderii - what column type is Mazagine Title ?

Added : I'm guessing its 'Comma separated text like tags . . .', try Shift+F2 on the highlighted cell. Not exactly what you want but... maybe close enough. If the column was 'Text with a fixed set of values', you would get a longer list, but not as easy to Add new Mag Titles

BR
sorry for not getting back sooner - the column type is, like you figured, 'text with a fixed set of values'

I tried Shift+F2 on the highlighted cell but it didn't react at all. I might have goofed somehow with it though.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iienderii View Post
sorry for not getting back sooner - the column type is, like you figured, 'text with a fixed set of values'

I tried Shift+F2 on the highlighted cell but it didn't react at all. I might have goofed somehow with it though.
@iienderii - you only need to highlight the cell, don't go into edit, Shift+F2 should display the Tag Editor. Like so :

Name:	Clipboard.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	147659

Just in case it's germane, I have the "Control behaviour of the book list" tweak set thusly:

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	147662

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:40 AM   #7
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=269911

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_edit_metadata_dropdown_tweak_example.png
Views:	191
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	147830  

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-14-2016 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Added image.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dropbox, listview