Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
lchora
lchora began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo - Error communicating with device

I have Calibre version 0.9.1 and Kobo Version 2.1.4. The first two or three times I plugged in my Kobo, everything worked well. However, now I'm getting the following error every time:

calibre, version 0.9.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 22] Invalid argument

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 468, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1623, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 872, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 391, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 390, in write_prefix
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\json_codec.p y", line 122, in encode_to_file
IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

Thoughts on what's going on? Any help would be much appreciated!
lchora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That is an error writing the metadata.calibre file onto the ereader. My first thought when I see this is that there is a problem on the disk of the reader. This could be the file system has become damaged. A checkdisk on the drive would fix this.

Of course, that doesn't quite make sense with an "Invalid argument" error.

Could you have a look and see if the metadata.calibre is on the ereader's drive? And is readable.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
lchora
lchora began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks, that seemed to work! I ran checkdisk and now it happily talks to Calibre again. Thanks for the help.
lchora is offline   Reply With Quote