Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
$25 credit for Nexus 7 ends 30 Sep

Time's running out to get your credit. Promo terms here.

Quote:
Haven't picked up a Nexus 7 yet? Get one today and redeem your $25 Google Play credit before the offer ends on 9/30/12: http://goo.gl/rWcSX
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
According to the Google Play Promotional Balance Terms Page, the $25 credit is good 'till 2013. (Not 2012!)

From Section C:
Receipt of Google Play promotional balance for activation of select new Nexus 7 tablet(s)

Quote:
4. Redeemed balances that remain unused in your Google Play account will expire on September 30, 2013.
Both sources come from Google, which one is right?!?!

Last edited by ludovicus; 09-21-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Correct an attribution error, and added the correct page link.
ludovicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovicus View Post
Both sources come from Google, which one is right?!?!
You have to buy and register a Nexus 7 by 30 Sep 2012 to get the $25 credit. You then have until 30 Sep 2013 to use the $25 credit.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
Lord Mahoney
Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Kindle Keyboard
Are they still running those super cheap app/game bundles from the summer?

Last edited by Lord Mahoney; 09-30-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Lord Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Is this one of those things which are restricted to people in the States or can I import a Nexus 7 to Japan and take advantage of the offer?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Mahoney View Post
Are they still running those super cheap app/game bundles from the summer?
Where would you find these? I've got all the apps I "need," and still have 10 bucks left. Time to play.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You have to buy and register a Nexus 7 by 30 Sep 2012 to get the $25 credit. You then have until 30 Sep 2013 to use the $25 credit.
Thanks for clearing that up, tubemonkey! And, yes, I'm hoping to get one before the end of the month...
ludovicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #8
Lord Mahoney
Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Where would you find these? I've got all the apps I "need," and still have 10 bucks left. Time to play.
They advertised them for a while. You couldn't choose which ones, but they were all quality apps/games at a huge discount.

Last edited by Lord Mahoney; 09-30-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Lord Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
A little off topic

I returned my Nexus7 but noticed that the $25 credit remained. I called Google and was told that I could go ahead and use it as a gesture of good will but let it slip that they had no way to remove it.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
You can also use it on books, music, and videos.

Another thing to note is that you can't combine it with any other purchase method, so if you want a $5 book and your balance is only $4.50, you can't use your balance and then pay $0.50 with a credit/debit card or gift card.

I have mine down to $0.05... if Google runs a 5 cent app special between now and when it expires, I'm golden.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Is this one of those things which are restricted to people in the States or can I import a Nexus 7 to Japan and take advantage of the offer?
Yes you can import it to your country and get the $25 of credits ,all you need to do when you get your nexus 7 is open a google wallet account and the money will be credited to the account automatically .
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
But the Nexus 7 must be activated by tomorrow, so won't be able to import it in time.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I think I'm going to hold off another generation anyways. Hopefully they do the same deal next time.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #14
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I'm waiting until Christmas time to see how much the price will drop by then.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
bizfromqc
bizfromqc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
25$ credit still works

FYI, I just bought a GN7 yesterday and activated/registered last night and was still given a 25$ credit. Seems the promo is still up or has been extended... or i'm just lucky
bizfromqc is offline   Reply With Quote