Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
marciarampart
marciarampart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
epubcheck doesn't like <div>s

Help! I placed all my images in <div>s and epubcheck had a fit with that and threw errors. What block element can I place my images in that epubcheck will like?
marciarampart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
An image between <div> should not be an issue. I think your issue lies elsewhere. What are is the error message?
Please, if you want our help with errors, post the errors. Our crystal balls still don't work, we are waiting for a firmware update.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
An image between <div> should not be an issue. I think your issue lies elsewhere. What are is the error message?
Please, if you want our help with errors, post the errors. Our crystal balls still don't work, we are waiting for a firmware update.
I was told I could not run that update on the existing hardware. Just to old...
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
And if would help if you used FlightCrew instead of ePubCheck as FC gives error messages in plainer English.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I was told I could not run that update on the existing hardware. Just to old...
Alternate firmware...FlightCrew.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:53 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciarampart View Post
Help! I placed all my images in <div>s and epubcheck had a fit with that and threw errors. What block element can I place my images in that epubcheck will like?
I'm sorry, it simply isn't so that ePubCheck doesn't like divs. All the images in my ebooks are in divs using standard XHTML markup.

Could I suggest that you validate your HTML?

And for what it is worth I routinely check with both FlightCrew and ePubcheck. I have found errors in ebooks I'm developing that are not picked up by FlightCrew but are picked up by ePubCheck, and vice versa.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
And for what it is worth I routinely check with both FlightCrew and ePubcheck. I have found errors in ebooks I'm developing that are not picked up by FlightCrew but are picked up by ePubCheck, and vice versa.
Then please put those errors on the tracker of FlightCrew so it can be improved.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:32 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Then please put those errors on the tracker of FlightCrew so it can be improved.
I'll try to remember to report next time it happens. I presume you only want to know about errors that FlightCrew did not see but ePubCheck did?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:13 AM   #9
Toxaris
Wizard

Correct, there would be no point in putting things on the FlightCrew ticker for bugs in ePubCheck...

Tags
divisions, epubcheck, images