Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
katrinarobin
katrinarobin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up Natural Healing Book Recommendations for Kindle?

I have to admit that I've turned into something of a health nut recently, so I've taken a break from reading fiction and have turned to a slew of books focusing on holistic health. The one I just finished is Dr. Edward F. Group III's book The Green Body Cleanse (http://www.amazon.com/The-Green-Body...f=cm_cd_f_pb_t).

I found it extremely helpful and easy to read. And what I loved most was that Dr. Group didn't just point out the problems in our current situations: he provided solutions as well.

Are there any other holistic healing books that I can get on my Kindle?
katrinarobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, katrinarobin

Check your Kindle books section on Amazon for more books.

Perhaps you'd consider using the 'introduce yourself' link below an joining the rest of us......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinarobin View Post
I have to admit that I've turned into something of a health nut recently, so I've taken a break from reading fiction and have turned to a slew of books focusing on holistic health. The one I just finished is Dr. Edward F. Group III's book The Green Body Cleanse (http://www.amazon.com/The-Green-Body...f=cm_cd_f_pb_t).
You haven't taken a break from reading fiction.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Interesting...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109554
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Yes, I've been seeing a lot of first time posts lately hawking a book and providing a link where you can buy it.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Yes, I've been seeing a lot of first time posts lately hawking a book and providing a link where you can buy it.

Agreed. These posts are insults to our intelligence and I wouldn't buy any of these books....ever.

I do read the section dedicated to book promotions and have actually purchased some of those. I don't like people who try to trick me, regardless of how transparent they are.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Agreed. These posts are insults to our intelligence and I wouldn't buy any of these books....ever.

I do read the section dedicated to book promotions and have actually purchased some of those. I don't like people who try to trick me, regardless of how transparent they are.
Okay, I've seen another post similar, but I was trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, but after seeing the link, I'm ticked.

Had I seen the orginal post before hand...'sigh.

What, is there a site out there that pays people to troll????

Stupid.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #8
katrinarobin
katrinarobin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Isn't this the "Reading Recommendations" section of the forum? I don't see anything wrong with me sharing a book that I liked and asking for recommendations from the community.
katrinarobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I suspect what they are saying is that either someone is paying multiple people to post about that book, or you are somehow affiliated with that book and posting under different names.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #10
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I suspect what they are saying is that either someone is paying multiple people to post about that book, or you are somehow affiliated with that book and posting under different names.
Exactly. It's not hard to spot these people. They usually have only one or two posts promoting a certain book and do not participate in the community in any other way.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Exactly. It's not hard to spot these people. They usually have only one or two posts promoting a certain book and do not participate in the community in any other way.
And they are often promoting books from some weird cult or quack medicine, as was this one (definitely the second, arguably the first.)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
And they are often promoting books from some weird cult or quack medicine, as was this one (definitely the second, arguably the first.)
Agreed. And thirdly, often multiple posts on the same book from the same, or another new user, within days.

Book recommendations are very much appreciated when they are sincere and from real community members.

Tags
body cleanse, colon cleansing, holistic health