Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #16
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
There is just one problem with the suggestions to right click and tell my computer to open the file with ADE instead of the other. The problem being that I cannot get the file in the first place. If I could just get the stinking epub book file, that would something in itself.

1) Can't run Sony reader software.
2) Can't run ADE because on my home computer the Adobe ID will not work IN ADE even though I can login all day long with on Adobe's website. So, if I cannot login into ADE I cannot 'activate' my reader to it.
Try typing your login ID in ALL CAPS. I had the same problem and that was the solution.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #17
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
This does sound like a software problem. Are you running a firewall, maybe? (Also, what version of Windows?) As you said, reinstalling Windows is an option. That often solves problems although, IMO, it's more often because you don't reinstall all the other software, or reinstall it in a different order, thus eliminating whatever's causing the problem (often without really discovering what it is-all you see is that reinstalling Windows fixed things).
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #18
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Are you running Windows? If so, you can open "Windows explorer". Select Tools->Folder Options. Select File Types. Look for ACSM, and change the associated application. Sorry about names, my Windows is Spanish one.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #19
rireed3
Connoisseur
rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook 1, Cybook Gen3
Forgive me if my newness to epub shows here.

I didn't see where you had started an Adobe Digital Editions account. Your have to have an account on the ADE server (separate from any bookstore) under your ADE ID (usually your email address). This is done from a link in every ADE bookstore that downloads the ADE reader to your computer. You have to do this before you download any ADE books.

Then, to transfer the books that ADE reader downloads, you have to authorise a (often USB) connected device. This is also a little tricky because if you want to use an SD card, you have to authorise two devices with the same name. Then if you don't want to exceed your device limit, you have to de-authorise connected devices before you authorise new ones. Total limit is thought to be 6. Welcome to ADE hell.

Richard
rireed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM   #20
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Boy, what a nightmare.

I have spoken at length with Sony support, BoB support, and Adobe support. All, and I mean ALL, of them are clueless. Sony said it was my ISP, Adobe said my Adobe ID password needed to be reset (which we did and still can't activate my pc to use ADE), and BoB said delete Sony's Reader software and use ADE;which doesn't work. So, I can't get books via Sony and can't get books via BoB (and am out my money for the book I bought...BoB offered no refund.

I have done EVERYTHING asked by all their respective support teams and they were no help whatsoever.

As I see it I can 1) get a new PC and hope it all works on that, 2)format my HD and reload Windows and hope it all works after that, or 3) forget it, read the few free books I have left on it yet to read and then sell it and go back totally to paper.

I am mulling it over. I don't relish any of them.

I even brought up my pc in Safe Mode with all apps off, no firewall, no virus protection, no nothing and still could not get my book from BoB, nor log into ADE, nor go to Sony's ebookstore. I downloaded Internet Exploder version 8something and upgraded that. Nope.

I am exhausted with all this and actually getting to where when I look at my reader I just get sick to my stomach.

Just thought I would update those who care.

Thanks for the suggestions all.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #21
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

Just thought I would update those who care.

Thanks for the update. I can't imagine what might be wrong, other than certainly you can't purchase from BoB without ADE installed and working. Has nothing to do with Sony Library (or shouldn't have).
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #22
wpeace
Seer
wpeace began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WP7 Pocket PC/SmartQ7/Pocket Pro/A5A iPad Streak 5
Quote:
Boy, what a nightmare.

I have spoken at length with Sony support, BoB support, and Adobe support. All, and I mean ALL, of them are clueless. Sony said it was my ISP, Adobe said my Adobe ID password needed to be reset (which we did and still can't activate my pc to use ADE), and BoB said delete Sony's Reader software and use ADE;which doesn't work. So, I can't get books via Sony and can't get books via BoB (and am out my money for the book I bought...BoB offered no refund.

I have done EVERYTHING asked by all their respective support teams and they were no help whatsoever.

Hmmm... I've seen something similar to what you're experiencing. ADE does not like it when the clock on your computer is not set correctly and refuses to allow activation and therefore can not be used. Check to be sure your computer has the correct time and timezone. If that is the case it should solve the activation issue and allow you to use the software.
wpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #23
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Especially the time zone. FWIW times are usually transmitted between computers in 'Universal Time' aka UTC or (old name) Greenwich Mean Time. This is converted to/from local time according to the time zone set on each computer. If yours is set incorrectly then the receiving computer might see your message as coming from the future-and reject it as 'obviously incorrect'.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 AM   #24
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
One problem I am having is that I can only register Epub files is that when I download them with Explorer. Safari, Opera, don't work.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:55 AM   #25
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
As I see it I can 1) get a new PC and hope it all works on that, 2)format my HD and reload Windows and hope it all works after that, or 3) forget it, read the few free books I have left on it yet to read and then sell it and go back totally to paper.

I am mulling it over. I don't relish any of them.
It may not be an option for you, but just in case :
Do you have a computer at work ?
If so, you might want to try on it.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Mrgauth, try the following.. run Reader Library and then select the edit menu. From the edit menu, select preferences and then check check for EPUB file type association. Rerun Reader Library and go from there. You can then try to redownload that ePub and see if it works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote