Notices

Old 07-11-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
bruja_phoenix
italian girl
bruja_phoenix began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m96
How can I install Onyx neo reader?

Hi everyone,
I have a M96 and really wanna install on it the neo reader app for reading pdfs, but I can't figure out how can I do... I only can install apps from google store, but neo reader isn't there and when I install a reader app it doesn't show in the open book option, as in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQe39gMNDK4
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks everyone.

Last edited by bruja_phoenix; 07-11-2014 at 05:33 AM.
bruja_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruja_phoenix View Post
Hi everyone,
I have a M96 and really wanna install on it the neo reader app for reading pdfs, but I can't figure out how can I do... I only can install apps from google store, but neo reader isn't there and when I install a reader app it doesn't show in the open book option, as in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQe39gMNDK4
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks everyone.
Neo Reader is a part of our system updates. Just install system update and it will be available in the apps folder and menu "open with.."
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
bruja_phoenix
italian girl

I checked for updates from the device, but it says the system is up to date... what can I do?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
bruja_phoenix
italian girl

P. S. I bought My device from your website. :-)
Old 07-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #5
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Sorry Booxtor, but it's not avaible with the last update.
I updated manually, and it doesn't show up.
And as bruja_phoenix says, trying OTA update says there's no new update avaible.

Only OReader, FBReader and Coolreader show up when I "Long click" on the covers.
On the other hand, on Onyx T68, we can choose OReader, OnyxReader and Onyx Neo Reader, appart from others that I installed manually...

PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 02:47 AM   #6
bruja_phoenix
italian girl

So... is there any way to install it somewhere from? :-(

Last edited by bruja_phoenix; 07-12-2014 at 04:18 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruja_phoenix View Post
So... is there any way to install it somewhere from? :-(
I just checked the update package - Neo Reader is definitely a part of it.
I don't understand, why it does not work for you, to be honest .
Are you sure you are trying to open an EPUB or PDF document?
Anyway, in a couple of days I will post new update, so please just check it out.

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-15-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #8
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Just to confirm that Booxtor is RIGHT. I tried again, and now Onyx Neo Reader shows up when openning a PDF or EPUB.
It is a mistery why the first time a installed the update it didn't work, but now it does.

@bruja_phoenix try again, if you want, installing the update. It really works.

Last edited by PremaEbooks; 07-16-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #9
Irratzo
Enthusiast
Irratzo began at the beginning.

Device: M96, Pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by PremaEbooks View Post
@bruja_phoenix try again, if you want, installing the update. It really works.

Confirmed.
Irratzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #10
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
hello,
I have a question about this reader: how can I justify the text of an epub with Onyx Neo Reader?
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
PremaEbooks
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
hello,
I have a question about this reader: how can I justify the text of an epub with Onyx Neo Reader?
I see no option to do that.
Easier to set it in the EPUB CSS

Last edited by PremaEbooks; 07-16-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #12
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by PremaEbooks View Post
I see no option to do that.
Easier to set it in the EPUB CSS
probably it would be easier for you ..
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #13
PremaEbooks
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
probably it would be easier for you ..

Ok, usually, we (spanish speakers) like to have justify text, but I read A LOT in english and most of the books I buy are left-aligned.
If the book is not under DRM protection you can modify the code in CSS. That's what I do most of the times

If you don't have HTML and CSS knowledge it might be hard to find the class that controls the alignment, and if is a Calibre conversion is even more difficult.

Send me your CSS and I'll explain you what you have to change.
You have a PM in your inbox.
Follow those steps.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:15 AM   #14
bruja_phoenix
italian girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I just checked the update package - Neo Reader is definitely a part of it.
I don't understand, why it does not work for you, to be honest .
Are you sure you are trying to open an EPUB or PDF document?
Anyway, in a couple of days I will post new update, so please just check it out.

Yes, I am sure.
I tried to download the update posted here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...56&postcount=1 and follow the istructions, but when I click on "Check update from local storage" it returns me "Upgrade package and the current model do not meet" and I dowloaded 2 times to be sure it was the one under the label "M96 update".
What am I doing wrong?
Old 07-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #15
PremaEbooks
Zealot

@bruja_phoenix

I explain you what I do to update, in case you want to try again
  1. Put the update.zip file in the main root of the device, not in an SD card.
  2. Safely disconnect your device and go to settings--->Update
  3. Choose update from local store

If everything is correct, the update should start inmediately.
Don't try to update from the SD card. I had problems with that.

It worked on both, M96 and T68, each one with its proper update file. It takes a while, about 5-7 minutes.

After that, when you "long press" on a PDF or EPUB file Onyx Neo Reader is avaible to choose.