Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
sark666
Connoisseur
sark666 began at the beginning.

Device: colognesbook
sub-folder support for documents folder?

Because there isn't a means to go to a specific page, I've chopped up my pdf's (tech manuals) into sub files. E.g. Make a 3 meg pdf into 6 500k files.

But it's making a mess of the documents folder. In windows, I put them in their own folder, and it reads the contents of that folder, but displays the contents of each folder at the 'root' if you will.

I'm guessing in can read folders but will not display them as such in an organized fashion. Is there a way of doing this?

Last edited by sark666; 08-30-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added not
sark666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark666 View Post
Because there isn't a means to go to a specific page, I've chopped up my pdf's (tech manuals) into sub files. E.g. Make a 3 meg pdf into 6 500k files.

But it's making a mess of the documents folder. In windows, I put them in their own folder, and it reads the contents of that folder, but displays the contents of each folder at the 'root' if you will.

I'm guessing in can read folders but will display them as such in an organized fashion. Is there a way of doing this?
I know what are you after. Seems that db makes that idea impossible.
The only solution would be to name them the same and put 1,2 and 3
accordingly. Then to search but the name.
Yep, search by the folder is on my list too.
Out of topic, if you have to jump a lot, you are not lucky enough. It
seems to be thing to work on for the future fw version.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
farrioth
Enthusiast
farrioth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Instead of splitting your PDFs up, why not add chapter markers to the documents? I.E., have a chapter marker every n pages. This also means that you won't have to load a new file whenever you hit the end of a section.

That being said, folder-based navigation would be a nice feature to see in the next firmware version, too. Tag-based navigation would have the same benefits too, and would have the added advantage of a book being able to belong to multiple tags.
farrioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
sark666
Connoisseur
sark666 began at the beginning.

Device: colognesbook
Is there free software that would allow me to add chapter markers? Or is that something I can do in calibre?
sark666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Is there free software that would allow me to add chapter markers? Or is that something I can do in calibre?
Check out Sigil for editing ePub's (includes a "Table Of Contents Editor" that will let you put in chapter marks).
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 05:35 AM   #6
farrioth
Enthusiast
farrioth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Is there free software that would allow me to add chapter markers?
After much searching, I have come across JPdfBookmarks, which seems to do what we need.
farrioth is offline   Reply With Quote