Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
barkndog
Enthusiast
barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle DX (1st gen), iPad, Toshiba Thrive, Acer Iconia A100
Go to Page in large PDFs reboots Kindle

Wondering if anyone has this same problem:

I have a large PDF file (350+ pages) on my Kindle. I can search through it just fine, but when I do Menu - Go To Page the Kindle reboots. As in, back to the picture of the kid reading under a tree and a status bar reboot. I don't even get a chance to type in a page number.

I've emailed Amazon support, they suggested emailing the document to the Kindle to see if that helped - but it didn't and now I've been charged for it (although not much). I sent them all the details about the emailed file and they're looking into it but I haven't had a response in the last several days.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with large PDF files. If so, how have you dealt with the issue?
barkndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Can't answer your question, but I've always had far better luck calling CS than emailing. Often they will correct the problem on the spot, one way or another, while emails may drag on forever. Worth a try.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert