Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Help Me Select a Verizon Wireless Phone!

My contract with Verizon will be up in 6 weeks and my next phone, I want it to be capable of reading ebooks. Features that I won't compromise is a qwerty board and ebook capability. I like at least a 2.7 screen. For those of you that have Verizon, which phone would you recommend for my 2 top features. I use my cell phone simply for talking and text messaging (qwerty is a must for me). I like to add reading for short period of time on the go since I always have my phone. I thought about going with AT&T for an iPhone but since I don't use the data beside a $10.00 text message plan, it would be a waste of money for me.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'll be interested to see the recommendations you get. I have a Treo 700wx right now (I use Mobi on it for books) with Sprint, but am thinking about switching to Verizon.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'll be interested to see the recommendations you get. I have a Treo 700wx right now (I use Mobi on it for books) with Sprint, but am thinking about switching to Verizon.
I'm in the process of switching to Verizon myself (*currently an Alltel user*). Though their selection of Smart Phones is frustratingly lacking. They don't carry any Palms for instance.

The Touch Pro looks nice though. It has a 3.6" 2.8", 640x480px display and full QWERTY keyboard. And online it's only 100 dollars with contract right now... though obviously this is because it's about to be discontinued and replaced by the Touch Pro 2.

Last edited by Dylrob; 08-09-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I'm in the process of switching to Verizon myself (*currently an Alltel user*). Though their selection of Smart Phones is frustratingly lacking. They don't carry any Palms for instance.

The Touch Pro looks nice though. It has a 3.6", 640x480px display and full QWERTY keyboard. And online it's only 100 dollars with contract right now... though obviously this is because it's about to be discontinued and replaced by the Touch Pro 2.

The display only says 2.8" Display: 480x640 pixel VGA resolution; 64K color support TFT–LCD. Where did you get the 3.6 from?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
The display only says 2.8" Display: 480x640 pixel VGA resolution; 64K color support TFT–LCD. Where did you get the 3.6 from?
Whoops... I got that part of the spec mixed up with the Pro 2.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert