Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
iPhone whispersync work with Kindle 1 or just 2?

Forgive me if this has been already covered elsewhere, but does the Kindle 1 work with the bookmark syncing with the iPhone? I just read somewhere on the net that would have me believe it didn't, which would severely put a cramp in my buy a Kindle 1 on ebay cheap plan if so.
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Someone with a K1 will have to confirm, but AFAIK as long as the Kindle has the latest update (1.2?) then it works with Whispersync.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Someone with a K1 will have to confirm, but AFAIK as long as the Kindle has the latest update (1.2?) then it works with Whispersync.
That's correct.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
palex481
Connoisseur

OK good. Because I just put in a bid for a Kindle 1 on ebay, and I only thought to ask this after I did it!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by palex481 View Post
OK good. Because I just put in a bid for a Kindle 1 on ebay, and I only thought to ask this after I did it!
Good luck. I hope you win the aution. Make sure you bid the maximum amount you are willing to pay for it. And won't feel bad if it sells for only $2 more than that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
palex481
Connoisseur

Thanks, I put in $230 as my maximum bid and I'm at $227.50 right now, and so far I'm winning, but I still have 2 hours to go, so who knows Ebay has a deal now though where they will txt you for free if you are outbid. I'm trying to stay on top of it and not go crazy waiting.