Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
Pauly454
Pauly454 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Help needed - Joining 2 Calibre Metadata Files

Was tagging the metadata of my ebooks and accidently cut the Calibre metadata file from the folder... when I reopened Calibre I noticed my library had disappeared... thinking it was just a glitch I carried on.

I have just realised that all the tagging I did was on the metadata file... duh.. and have 2 metadata files that need combining to show the whole of the library.

Please could someone help me with this??
Pauly454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly454 View Post
Was tagging the metadata of my ebooks and accidently cut the Calibre metadata file from the folder... when I reopened Calibre I noticed my library had disappeared... thinking it was just a glitch I carried on.

I have just realised that all the tagging I did was on the metadata file... duh.. and have 2 metadata files that need combining to show the whole of the library.

Please could someone help me with this??
Change calibre to point to the "other" metadata file. Do a save to disk to some other location... then go back to your other metadata file and import all the ebooks that you just saved to disk.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 12-30-2008 at 12:08 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
Pauly454
Pauly454 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Thanks i'll give that a go
Pauly454 is offline   Reply With Quote