Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Colerson
Nameless Being

Improved contrast on newer Glowlights?

I have a Glowlight that I bought some time last year. My wife just bought a Glowlight this month. Comparing ours side-by-side, I noticed that hers has better contrast: the "ink" is unquestionably darker on hers, whereas it appears faded, relatively speaking, on mine.

I know that the Glowlight had reduced contrast compared to the earlier non-Glow devices, but is it possible that the Glowlights have improved to the point that they all have better contrast now?

I'm really wondering if anybody else has recently purchased a Glowlight and seen that its contrast is better than the earlier models, indicating an improved manufacturing process. I'm pondering buying a newer one if they all look better, but I don't want to go through the hassle of purchasing and returning if it looks identical to the one I've got now.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
DiannaInVA
Enthusiast
DiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colerson View Post
I have a Glowlight that I bought some time last year. My wife just bought a Glowlight this month. Comparing ours side-by-side, I noticed that hers has better contrast: the "ink" is unquestionably darker on hers, whereas it appears faded, relatively speaking, on mine.

I know that the Glowlight had reduced contrast compared to the earlier non-Glow devices, but is it possible that the Glowlights have improved to the point that they all have better contrast now?

I'm really wondering if anybody else has recently purchased a Glowlight and seen that its contrast is better than the earlier models, indicating an improved manufacturing process. I'm pondering buying a newer one if they all look better, but I don't want to go through the hassle of purchasing and returning if it looks identical to the one I've got now.
You may want to wait a bit. They will probably be introducing a new version in the next month or so which will hopefully be better than both the touch and glow.
DiannaInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert