Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Shelves

I have just 25 books on my ST at the moment.

I have created 4 shelves, and although it is easy to allocate the books to the shelves I have found there appears to be no way to confirm that each the book has been alloted a shelf ?

Also it seems possible to allot a book to more than 1 shelf by mistake ?

Even with just 25 books it has taken me awhile to get each one on A shelf.

I am wondering how difficult this would be with 100 or more books !!!

It would be better if each book showed which shelf it is allocated to so that none could be missed out.

I am missing some way of doing this ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Are these books downloaded from B&N, or side loaded?

I don't d/l anything. I side load everything. I set up an SD card with file folders and subfolders the way I wanted them (by author name, with series inside), filled the folders with books, popped the SD card into the Nook, done. I've never messed with the shelves. That is the coolest thing about the Nook ST, folders and subfolders.

Actually I have a file for every letter of the alphabet, then author folders inside those, then series folders (if any) inside those, with the series # in the title for easy sorting and selecting.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Thanks for the reply.

I have a mix of WiFi downloads and side loads....pity the side loads have plain covers.

I see what you are saying and I may be forced to go that way.

It's a shame that B&N took the trouble to introduce Shelves but not to think it through to the practicalities of actually using them.

Personally I would also like them to have made the "Shelf" look like a book case shelves.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote