Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Aqua-Andy
Aqua-Andy began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Nook 1st gen button replacement?

Hi, I'm new here and not sure if this has been discussed before but I have searched and found nothing. My wife has a first gen nook and the page buttons are starting to not work. I was wondering if anyone had a source or P/N for the buttons? They look like standard PCB buttons but I just want to make sure I order the right ones. I would really like to repair this reader as she really likes it and has tried my nook simple touch but does not like the ergonomics as much. I think it is that it has spent so much time in her hands it just feels foreign to hold something else. Any help would be appreciated.
Aqua-Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I haven't actually done any research on this, but I'm guessing like most devices made these days, they're not made to be repairable. Unless you're pretty handy, you might be able to find someone to send this off to to fix (lots of people offer services like this on ebay). You would have to find replacement buttons, most likely out of another defunct device, cut them out and put them in your Nook. Getting the thing apart without breaking it is usually half the battle.

My suggestion would be to either find a good used one (good luck with that) or get a new device that will last a few more years until it breaks.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
I don't know of a source for buttons but you could buy a damaged one (usually it's screen damage) on Ebay for about $10 shipped and use it for parts. Or even buy a "gently" used or refurbished one for $20-30
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote