Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-01-2008, 12:45 AM   #31
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Ink View Post
Buy a new MP3 player
It is a new one: I've only had it since, like, October.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #32
Mici
Mici began at the beginning.

Device: iTouch
Hey if you have an ipod you can by mp4 audio books from LoDingo.com They index so you don't loose your place when you pause
Mici is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 02:49 AM   #33
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I like this news. The less DRM for officially bought (not borrowed) stuff, the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Audible uses its own software and can keep track of your location even if you switch to a different book and then return.
Sadly, this doesn't always work like it should. Two years ago, I bought a TomTom GO 920 (the one with a 20GB HD in it, with 10GB free space), as I wanted a navigator and I don't have a CD player in my car. (do you know how many audible books will fit on a 10GB HD!) But I found out, I kept missing parts of the book, as the bookmark would skip a whole minute (sometimes) when I resumed the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
I have a good collection of audible books. My 1st generation iPod (4 gb version) died recently after more than six years of daily trouble-free use. Unfortunately Nokia Audiobook Manager is not listed among the usable devices or software on Audible website. What should I do? I need one of those books for a forth-coming job interview. Thanks to DRM I am unable to use a book that I paid my hard-earned money for! Why should my expenditure on audible dictate spending money on something else? I am perfectly happy with my mobile phone audiobook player but can't use Audible books on it which is a great shame.
To solve my problem I did something that might help you too. I converted my .au to .mp3 and split them to 2 minute long files. I then put those files on my TomTom and listen to those. The result will (naturally) take a lot more space, but at least it's easier to re-listen to a part without having to go back to the previous chapter.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio book, drm, piracy, publisher