Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #91
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko horvat View Post
Sure.
English-Croatian dict:
Attached Files
File Type: prc English-Croatian.prc (9.87 MB, 2884 views)

Last edited by thomass; 06-06-2011 at 04:56 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #92
marko horvat
marko horvat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
English-Croatian dict:
It works! This will greatly improve my Kindle reading experience, thanks mate.
marko horvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #93
excalibra
excalibra began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolbulduran View Post
English - Turkish Dictionary, contains 44277 lines of text
How can edit the words and definitions in this dictionary, i.e. can we add our own entries?

Çok güzel bir çalışma olmuş,daha önce çizgiliforum'dan indirmiştim burada da olduğunu yeni farkettim.Bu sözlüğe kendi istediğimiz kelimeleri ekleyebilmek ve/veya sözlükte bulunan ingilizce kelimeler için kendi istediğimiz anlamlarını da ekleyebilmek için bir yöntem varmıdır? Aslında esas istediğim elimdeki doremi'si kaldırılmış oxford english dictionary'deki kelimelerde edit yapabilmek, sözcüklerin hem ingilizce hem türkçe anlamlarını aynı anda görmek iyi olurdu kitap okurken.

Last edited by excalibra; 06-14-2011 at 06:58 PM.
excalibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #94
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibra View Post
How can edit the words and definitions in this dictionary, i.e. can we add our own entries?

Çok güzel bir çalışma olmuş,daha önce çizgiliforum'dan indirmiştim burada da olduğunu yeni farkettim.Bu sözlüğe kendi istediğimiz kelimeleri ekleyebilmek ve/veya sözlükte bulunan ingilizce kelimeler için kendi istediğimiz anlamlarını da ekleyebilmek için bir yöntem varmıdır? Aslında esas istediğim elimdeki doremi'si kaldırılmış oxford english dictionary'deki kelimelerde edit yapabilmek, sözcüklerin hem ingilizce hem türkçe anlamlarını aynı anda görmek iyi olurdu kitap okurken.
mobi sözlüğe eklemektense baştan babylon( linuxta "dictconv" ile stardict'e çevirerek ) yada stardict bir sözlükle başlamak daha kolay bir yol olur. "stardict editor" stardict sözlükleri txt haline getiriyorki düzeni bozmadığın sürece istediğin gibi oynama yapabilirsin. yani işlem sırasında format sırası (babylon) -stardict-txt-html-mobi(prc) şeklinde. bu thread'te nasıl yapıldığı anlatılmış durumda zaten.( "dictconv" ve "stardict editor" sonrasında:http://j.mp/kzLkUj)

Last edited by thomass; 06-16-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #95
thomass
Wizard

Turkish-English Dict (~33000)

alternative: goo.gl/zUBeL
Attached Files
File Type: prc Turkish-Eng.prc (5.04 MB, 873 views)

Last edited by thomass; 08-14-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #96
detemps
detemps began at the beginning.

This may sound kinda strange but I was just wondering something. I have looked into the thread a bit and I noticed that most of the files that you are sharing are .mobi files. That seems pretty encouraging to me.

What I want is not to compile a dictionary, but rather buy a much more comrehensive one from mobipocket. I have not been able to find any info, so I thought I'd rather ask here.

Let's suppose that I buy Harrap's Shorter French-English dictionary, download it in .mobi format. Will I be able to use that as a default dictionary when reading books on my Kindle? I don't want to leave the book I'm reading each time I want to look up a word, as I'm sure all of you would sympathize with me. Just like already supplied one with the Kindle on purchase, I want to drag to cursor to the word I want to find a definition for and want to see the definition on a small box on the page that I'm currently reading.

I would like to know if this is at all possible. I know that this seems a bit off-topic but this place seemed to be the best for such a question, instead of starting a new thread.

Thank you very much in advance for any interest you might take in this.

Cheers!
detemps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #97
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by detemps View Post
This may sound kinda strange but I was just wondering something. I have looked into the thread a bit and I noticed that most of the files that you are sharing are .mobi files. That seems pretty encouraging to me.

What I want is not to compile a dictionary, but rather buy a much more comrehensive one from mobipocket. I have not been able to find any info, so I thought I'd rather ask here.

Let's suppose that I buy Harrap's Shorter French-English dictionary, download it in .mobi format. Will I be able to use that as a default dictionary when reading books on my Kindle? I don't want to leave the book I'm reading each time I want to look up a word, as I'm sure all of you would sympathize with me. Just like already supplied one with the Kindle on purchase, I want to drag to cursor to the word I want to find a definition for and want to see the definition on a small box on the page that I'm currently reading.

I would like to know if this is at all possible. I know that this seems a bit off-topic but this place seemed to be the best for such a question, instead of starting a new thread.

Thank you very much in advance for any interest you might take in this.

Cheers!
welcome to the forum
Kindle works with mobi dicts without any problem.If there is more than one dict for the same language you can choose one of them as Primary Dictionary. However dicts should have some property: it should be marked as dict, its language should be described same with input language and input and output languages should be described on metadata. I think any professional dict has these properties. And even not, you can easily change by first deDRM then change metadata by mobi2mobi app. (as far as I know,on Kindle instant dict feature works only one way (ie "Fr to Eng" or "Eng to Fr" ) If you make two copy of a two-sided dict with corresponding language settings, it should also work. (If the dict is DRMed then you should be careful. It may not work properly.)

Last edited by thomass; 08-21-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #98
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Somebody can tell me how I can convert a Windows .exe dictionary into mobipocket format? I want to convert this dictionary.

Last edited by thebestjeter; 10-26-2011 at 03:37 PM.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #99
EddieG
EddieG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
enjoy
I've tried to upload this to my new Kindle via e-mail but it just says ** CJK Dictionary ** when I try to open the dictionary and it can't be found in the list of dictionaries in the default dictionary setting. Am I doing something wrong?
EddieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #100
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieG View Post
I've tried to upload this to my new Kindle via e-mail but it just says ** CJK Dictionary ** when I try to open the dictionary and it can't be found in the list of dictionaries in the default dictionary setting. Am I doing something wrong?
upload through usb. ** CJK Dictionary ** is the first page. if you press next page button you will see the items. it should work. please give a feedback after trying with usb.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #101
slth
slth began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can someone confirm this method is still working for the new Kindle 4?
Also, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with an English-Dutch dictionary.

Thanks in advance
slth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #102
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by slth View Post
Can someone confirm this method is still working for the new Kindle 4?
Also, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with an English-Dutch dictionary.

Thanks in advance
why don't you try one to see.

BTW: attached an Indonesian – English dict with ~22300 words (stardict-quick)
Attached Files
File Type: mobi IdEn.mobi (1.18 MB, 2180 views)
File Type: mobi En-Id.mobi (1.22 MB, 2994 views)

Last edited by thomass; 12-04-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #103
uhan
uhan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
i am trying to create a Turkish ->English dictionary with the look up feature and i have implemented the generation of noun inflections and working with the verbs now.

BUT i ran into a problem with my Kindle Touch. when I loaded my dictionary into Kindle, for some words it shows the translations just perfectly when I tap them, but for others it just flashes and displays nothing, not even "No Definition Found" window!

e.g. when I tap "gerçekliğe" it shows me the basic form "gerçeklik",
but when I tap "hastalığın" it shows nothing, even though my dictionary does list this form in the <idx:iform> tag

it seems like it works badly with words which contains "ı" (dotless i) in them, but not only. how do I deal with this issue? those of you guys who implemented inflections, did you have to deal with the special symbols? please help

Last edited by uhan; 01-28-2012 at 10:35 PM.
uhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #104
uhan
uhan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ok I got pretty sure that the look up feature doesn't work properly whenever the inflections include non ANSI symbols (outside of 0-255 range).

Has anyone tried to make the look up work with other non ANSI alphabets such as (I believe) Croatian Romanian or Hungarian, or even completely different alphabets like Russian or Arabic? I wonder if the problem exists with Kindle Touch only.
uhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #105
thomass
Wizard

I didn't realize a problem related with "ı"on my dict (osm>tur) maybe you are right.

Last edited by thomass; 01-30-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Tags
ebook tools, kindle tools