Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
leafgirl93
leafgirl93 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Question Kobo Vox freezing 10 minutes into every use! what do I do?

I've had my VOX since Xmas 2011 so not quite a year, lately when after about 10 or 15 minutes of using it either on the web, game or library it freezes, sometimes a screen comes up saying activity freeze force close or wait. I push the button and turn it off, turn it back on and the same process happens all over again. What am I doing wrong. I've read a few of the other threads regarding the freezes and people referring to 10 second reboot, I'm taking that to mean turning it on and off. I really don't have much on it at all, a few games, like scramble and words etc and of course books all from Kobo so really confused about what is happening and what to do about it. I found these forum on a google search and would be very thank-ful of some help!
thanks in advance!
leafgirl93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
You may need to do a factory reset to get things back to original state... This will remove all your apps and other personalisation such as email so you will need to re-do it all if you decide to do this.
Instructions here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...31&postcount=2
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
The problem with a factory reset is you lose everything you have and have to start again from square one. I did it by accident once when my Vox was freezing and not restarting. I kept pushing the power button too long, too often because I was impatient. The Vox is just too under-powered to deal with all the stuff we load on it and try to access in a hurry. Kobo realized that and since the hardware couldn't be upgraded, they discontinued it and went in a different direction.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Vox
It is usually one app causing the problem. I had installed WatchDog to monitor which app was running down my battery. Everything was good for several months then last week I had the same issues as you and it turned out to be WatchDog itself crashing, uninstalled and all is good again.
Oh and it turned out it was my Yahoo mail app sucking battery in sleep mode.
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezes up, kobo vox, reset