Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
pumana
pumana began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge 10.1in
Carrier billing in Google Play with the eDGe?

I am in Germany, and here, Google has recently opened her shop for books. Since I am the proud owner of the eDGe, I thought - I use funds from prepaid cards that I can get for free, to pay for apps, and when Google allows to pay for books too, use this pay method in the Play Store. But how I teach the eDGe, to enable the carrier billing in the store?

I try this:
- I add ro.com.google.clintidbase=android-o2-de in build.prop (o2 is my mobile carrier)
- with joikuspot in my Symbian phone I make a hotspot to get a mobile IP adress
- delete cache und data in Google Play
- add my mobile number in my google account and verificate it
- delete google account in the eDGe and add it again

So far, no success...Any ideas how I can enable carrier billing on the eDGe?
pumana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Have you updated your EE with the Allmine for EE that adds the Google store? If not that is the first thing you should do otherwise there is no way the EE is going to be recognised as a device by Google.

Maybe Obsessed2 could give you more information on how to do it, but remember he is talking from a US viewpoint not a European one.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
pumana

Yes, i have Allmine. But the trick is that an internet connection over the mobile radio is to be made or to be simulated, otherwise the payment can not be authorized. Over a Android phone I can purchase apps, and send it to my eDGe, but a direct solution will be nice.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumana View Post
Yes, i have Allmine. But the trick is that an internet connection over the mobile radio is to be made or to be simulated, otherwise the payment can not be authorized. Over a Android phone I can purchase apps, and send it to my eDGe, but a direct solution will be nice.
Are you saying you can't connect your EE to the internet?

You should be able to use a convenient WiFi hotspot or your own WiFi AP or router to do that. Just remember there is a switch near the SD card slot to switch on or off the WiFi of the EE. If that is off you not get any wireless connections.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
pumana

WiFi work fine. I saying that paying over my mobile phone provider does not work, as long as I am connected to the Internet via WiFi. Only a wireless connection (3G, GSM) will work to do this, or I need a trick to made Google think, I´m connected via 3G to the Google Play store. But how can I make this?
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
if you use play/marketplace website on the Edge browser, will it let you send paid books/apps to the Edge or only to your 3g device?
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
pumana

Carrier billing don't work via browser, only via Marktplace app. Google also confirmed that on the homepage. Already paid apps can send to all your devices. Books are not aviable for carrier billing in Germany yet.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
I think you just need to connect through a US-based proxy server then. There are some solutions specifically for Google Play. I've not tested them myself, though.
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #9
pumana

I try the app Market Unlocker. This app allow me to see the US Google play market, but carrier billing is still unaviable. The solution to his seemingly complicated.

Last edited by pumana; 07-06-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
ivanjt
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumana View Post
I try the app Market Unlocker. This app allow me to see the US Google play market, but carrier billing is still unaviable. The solution to his seemingly complicated.
The reason that won't work is if your country does not have it completely available for all devices you will be blocked by country IP, hence the need for a US proxy server.