Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How to get back E-issues of Asimov etc.?

Hey,

I've been sampling some e-zines trying to decide on which to subscribe to. (liking the Asimoc and Analog at the moment). While I know how to subscribe to and how to get the current single issues, I can't figure out how to buy the back issues. I have looked at Amazon (using a Kindle 3 currently) and briefly at the Dell Magazine site but no love. Is this possible, and if so how?

Thanks in advance!
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Fictionwise have Asimov/Analog etc backissues. You buy them in "Multiformat" option, and then you can choose to download them in the Kindle/Mobi format and transfer them to your Kindle via USB (or I think you can email them to yourself too)

Enjoy!
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Lightbulb

Thanks!

I knew that Fictionwise had subscriptions to the e-zines...I guess I should have researched them first. As an Ebookwise owner I used to shop there all the time...more sporadic now since I got the Kindle (yes, I have fallen to the evil of Kindle, and I like it...but I still like my ebookwise, especially when the power goes out!)

I guess my next question (which is probably more for the Kindle column) Is why can't I put the e-zines into collections on the Kindle 3? Is it some weird metadata thing, or am I missing something? (have successfully created many collections for e-books already...e-zines just don't "show up" when adding to collections).

Thanks again!
spear is offline   Reply With Quote