Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #16
aquariumdrinker
aquariumdrinker can extract oil from cheeseaquariumdrinker can extract oil from cheeseaquariumdrinker can extract oil from cheeseaquariumdrinker can extract oil from cheeseaquariumdrinker can extract oil from cheeseaquariumdrinker can extract oil from cheeseaquariumdrinker can extract oil from cheeseaquariumdrinker can extract oil from cheeseaquariumdrinker can extract oil from cheese

Device: K4
Didn't mean to be coy - my donation was $10.
aquariumdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #17
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariumdrinker View Post
Didn't mean to be coy ...
Cowboy --> Coyboy ?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
ekztal
ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4
- deleted

Last edited by ekztal; 12-03-2011 at 03:15 AM. Reason: - deleted
ekztal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #19
Aldebaranian
Aldebaranian can extract oil from cheeseAldebaranian can extract oil from cheeseAldebaranian can extract oil from cheeseAldebaranian can extract oil from cheeseAldebaranian can extract oil from cheeseAldebaranian can extract oil from cheeseAldebaranian can extract oil from cheeseAldebaranian can extract oil from cheeseAldebaranian can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
I'm a lurker, but yes, I also put in $10.
Aldebaranian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #20
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I'll slap me a $10 in as well!
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #21
kkasmire
kkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Add my $20 ...
kkasmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
gla
gla can extract oil from cheesegla can extract oil from cheesegla can extract oil from cheesegla can extract oil from cheesegla can extract oil from cheesegla can extract oil from cheesegla can extract oil from cheesegla can extract oil from cheesegla can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 4th gen. (Nov 2011)
I registered just to say that I've donated US$ 5 a few days ago! Keep up the good work! :-)
gla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #23
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gla View Post
I registered just to say that I've donated US$ 5 a few days ago! Keep up the good work! :-)
And now that you registered, you can contribute to the kindle knowlege base too.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #24
synchrone
synchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 3G
Donated 10$ a while ago as well
synchrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #25
lepel
lepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheeselepel can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 (No keyboard)
Just donated 5$ (sorry, but I am also student and from Belarus).
Thank you Yifan Lu for all work you are doing! I read carefully all your posts and appreciate you a lot for your enthusiasm and a big effort you invest in this project!
Big thanks to geekmaster for organizing this thread and trying to help Yifan with ideas.
Also thanks to everybody who already donated and thanks in advance to people who will do it. Like we use to say "Together we are the power". Small contribution from every person interested in final result can make a lot. And it's not only about buying some devices and kits for testing BUT it's also a small GRATITUDE to Yifan who did, doing and will do a great work of jailbreak device and afterwards writing software for it. As a Computer Science student I fully understand that it's not easy.
Now some wishes:
1) I support dmkbox: not only JB for Touch but for Kindle 4 too, please!
2) And as ekztal mentioned, would be great to see results ASAP and don't be stopped because of waiting for some weeks special screwers or whatever. A possible solution to use Priority (Express) Mail which is usually 10$ more expensive but goes much more faster (only if you are not from Belarus, Russia or near ) As far as you have some "extra" money you can order the new kit with a faster delivery as well.

Once again

P.S. As I started follow this thread just yesterday I didn't understand a lot because I am new in any stuff about Kindle. But I hope in some weeks I will be able to help with real ideas and code
lepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #26
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Ok, I won't wait for proper tools. I'll do it mcguyver style. I took an old credit card and shaved the edge with a pair of craft scissors. Then I used it to pry the back off. http://t.co/bsW78dEI
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #27
ekztal
ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.ekztal can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
Ok, I won't wait for proper tools. I'll do it mcguyver style. I took an old credit card and shaved the edge with a pair of craft scissors. Then I used it to pry the back off. http://t.co/bsW78dEI
I love it!
ekztal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #28
geekmaster

Congratulations on the (apparent) serial port find! It looks the same as in the FCC photos (especially when you zoom in on the FCC photos). And the voltage measurements are consistent with 1.8v TTL (and 0v GND). More info here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...151537&page=11

Hopefully, this means that forward progress is imminent.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #29
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Dumping the NAND is step 1 of maybe 10 steps to jail breaking.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #30
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
Dumping the NAND is step 1 of maybe 10 steps to jail breaking.
That's why you have such a big Karma.

Whether you realize it or not, you have a large following of fans, both inside mobileread and outside it as well.

Take heart in that. Pride too. We would all be honored to be considered as your friends. Believe it!

P.S. Where is your "trademark" lightbulb avatar in your mobileread profile?

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-02-2011 at 12:08 AM.