Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
custom column not searchable

Hi,

i'm using calibre 0.7.9 (great tool ) and added a single custom column of type true/false. Unfortunately searching for this column didn't return any result although it should be.

I've already checked this forum and the documentation. Using "gelesen:true" should return all books i already read. But there are no books found and the same is true for "gelesen:false".

Searching for builtin columns i do get results e.g. "ondevice:true" or "ondevice:false".

Any comments, hints ?

Thanks !
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
added a single custom column of type true/false. Unfortunately searching for this column didn't return any result although it should be.

I've already checked this forum and the documentation. Using "gelesen:true" should return all books i already read. But there are no books found and the same is true for "gelesen:false".
Custom column names always start with a hash/pound symbol "#" Try this search (assuming the column is gelesen):

#gelesen:true

Hovering over the column will tell you the search name.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
That's it

Thanks !!
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:59 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
From your custom column being called "gelesen" I'm assuming you're using the german translation of calibre? If so, you'll have to use "#gelesen:Ja" or "#gelesen:Nein" to get any meaningful results. I recently ran into that same problem trying to setup a library restriction between study textbooks and, well, anything else.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
From your custom column being called "gelesen" I'm assuming you're using the german translation of calibre? If so, you'll have to use "#gelesen:Ja" or "#gelesen:Nein" to get any meaningful results. I recently ran into that same problem trying to setup a library restriction between study textbooks and, well, anything else.
I use English, but be aware there's a difference between searching for True/False versus Yes/No. True means there's an entry there (it could be Yes or No). False means the opposite. True and False are defined in Python. AFAIK, Yes/No or Ja/Nein are not. I don't know if you need to translate True/False, but I suspect you don't.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I use English, but be aware there's a difference between searching for True/False versus Yes/No. True means there's an entry there (it could be Yes or No). False means the opposite. True and False are defined in Python. AFAIK, Yes/No or Ja/Nein are not. I don't know if you need to translate True/False, but I suspect you don't.
No, true/false work without translation. And, in the german language version, Ja/Nein return the expected results.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote