Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #76
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Which is why I wanted to add the rules in the first place to the User Categories, considering that I can't create icon-rules based on the searches.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:48 AM   #77
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Are composite columns allowed in User Categories? If yes, that might be one way to do it.

Otherwise, I don't believe User Categories support compound rules (e.g. "if Tag A and not Tag B").
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2018, 11:15 AM   #78
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

They do support the composite columns, but I don't know how to make all the rules for the columns.

I know they don't support the rules, I was hoping that it could be done?

thanks
Old 10-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #79
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
They do support the composite columns, but I don't know how to make all the rules for the columns.

I know they don't support the rules, I was hoping that it could be done?
As the developer doesn't appear to be active anymore, I reckon you're probably gonna have to create your own workarounds.

One way I can think of is to create a #rules composite custom column (behaves like tags) which would contain the complex rules you want to add to the User Categories.

For example:
Code:
{:'test(and(field('#tag_a'),not(field('#tag_b'))),'Tag A Only','Tag A & B')'}

For creating templates for the composite column, you're likely going to get better help here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=100949
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:43 AM   #80
Sarmat
Enthusiast
Sarmat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
It seems this plugin isn't working in my Calibre.
There is no right click menu for it in books list.
And when I click the plugin button in the toolbar - and try to choose every option (except "Customize plugin" which works fine) nothing happens.
Whats' wrong?

I have also tried to reinstall the plugin - with zero result.
Sarmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2018, 05:02 AM   #81
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Add the tool to the required context menus using Preferences->Toolbars & Menus

You have to create the User Categories via :-

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	168608

The plugin provides a means to maintain the User Category lists without going into Manage User Categories - i.e. add, move, remove standard column values of current book to selected User Categories.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:37 AM   #82
Sarmat
Enthusiast
Sarmat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
thank you, BetterRed
Sarmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:11 AM   #83
Tanjamuse
Wizard

When I place the checkmark in "Show only available items in current virtual library" and then deletes the applied items, they still show up in the UC, when I remove the checkmark again and it's the same the other way around. And if I add the checkmark again it's still there even though I've deleted it both with checkmark in VL and without the checkmark in VL.

I thought that when I deleted something in the UC it would delete it no matter what.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:57 PM   #84
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 1.5.4 - Python 3 compatibility

The plugin has just been updated to version 1.5.4. There are no changes in function. This is to make the plugin compatible with the future Python 3 version of calibre.

If there are any problems with the plugin in either the released version of calibre, or the Python 3 beta, please report them here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #85
kirk8677
Enthusiast
kirk8677 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi! I was trying to get the keyboard shortcuts to work, but they don't seem to appear in the keyboard shortcut menu...
kirk8677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:45 PM   #86
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk8677 View Post
Hi! I was trying to get the keyboard shortcuts to work, but they don't seem to appear in the keyboard shortcut menu...
Confirmed.

Because I don't use the User Category PI very often I drive it from the Favourites context menu. I only have kb shortcuts for things I use a lot.

Hopefully one of the PI developers can take a look at it.

BR
Old 09-21-2020, 07:47 PM   #87
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Hi,

I installed this to set up a few user categories, since I can't use the tag browser. I have it in my main menu, but nothing shows up. I think I need to set up user categories elsewhere, is there a way to do that without the tag browser?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:03 AM   #88
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

You have to create the first UC via the Configure button in the Tag browser. Then you can add additional ones via the plugin. I find the plugin easier to use from the book list context menu

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-22 190016.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	182079

BR
Old 09-22-2020, 02:32 PM   #89
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Okay, uninstalled. I can't use the tag browser.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:58 PM   #90
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Okay, uninstalled. I can't use the tag browser.
Are you saying can't you can't use Tag Browser-Configure->Manage…->User Categories just once to create one User Category - e.g. 'dummy'.

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-23 074657.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	182083

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-23 075156.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	182085

Then you can use the PI menu to Manage (create and remove) additional UCs, as well as adding and removing column values to UCs. Providing you don't remove all UCs, you won't need to use the Tag Browser again - hence my 'dummy' suggestion.

That said, I'd like to see the Tag Browser Configure options be made available in (or moved to) Preferences->Look and Feel->Tag Browser (tab). I can't be the only person who can't remember what's where

BR