Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #1
EpicMoss
EpicMoss began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Which is the best cover?

I'm trying to find certain things in a cover and I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'd like something that is secure and won't let the reader shift around too much (while not obscuring any buttons). It'd be nice if was slimmer (not too bulky), because I think one of the best features of the reader is how slim it is. A cover that bends back and could be secured in that position would be ideal (is there a top flipping one that can do that?). Any ideas? Thanks.
EpicMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:26 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I got the flip-top 'Easy i' for a 505, Epic. Not sure if it's available for the 600, but it's worth checking. It makes for sturdy protection and a superbly comfortable read. It can be held in one hand with a finger or two slipped through a loop on the back and with the thumb free for page turning, can be free standing if you read while you eat, and it makes the reader feel, look and even smell like a high quality leather-bound hardback. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
EpicMoss
EpicMoss began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
I got the flip-top 'Easy i' for a 505, Epic. Not sure if it's available for the 600, but it's worth checking. It makes for sturdy protection and a superbly comfortable read. It can be held in one hand with a finger or two slipped through a loop on the back and with the thumb free for page turning, can be free standing if you read while you eat, and it makes the reader feel, look and even smell like a high quality leather-bound hardback. Good luck. Neil
Would you happen to have a link to the website?
EpicMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:12 AM   #4
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
It is such a personal thing. I am very happy with the standard Sony cover. Makes it feel like a book, and I use it to prop the whole thing up on my chest reading in bed. I also love the Sony and Reader logos that are embedded into the cover - looks really smart. I do think it should have been included with the 600 though!

Good luck!
amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:35 AM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Agree with amjbrown on this one. I have the 300, but form factor is the same as the 600 (just a bit smaller) and the Sony cover is the same as well. I like the protection, and the feel. Makes it easy to clip a light on, and easier to hold. A bit pricey, but fits perfect and imho looks good.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I have the Sony premium, Sony with booklight and now M-Edge Executive case. The M-Edge is the nicest case with the only drawback being that it doesn't use the hinges which makes it look a tad messy inside (although it works just as well with the straps). As for your criteria, the sony cases are definitely slimmer and more streamlined but sacrifice some padding for that streamlined feel. The M-Edge also comes in a flip style that will stand upright on its own.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #7
thefanmyj
Enthusiast
thefanmyj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch
I'm looking for a case for the Touch, also. I'm leaning toward M-Edge, but I can't find any at retail stores. I'd love to see it before I buy it.
thefanmyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
I like the Sony case that's desigend by Case Logic. Mostly, it has to do with the fact that I detest dust on the screen, thus the zippered case keeps my 600 squeaky clean. It's also very protective of drops, screen hits, etc... Downside is you have to lift it up a bit to turn on, but it's no big deal.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya EpicMoss: I spent the last half hour searching for my Easy i cover at the Sony.fr (France) site where I bought it. Can't find it. But I think that's maybe because it's now being marketed under the Tuff-Luv brand. This one looks pretty well identical (though it's PRS-505 specific): http://www.amazon.fr/Tuff-Luv-housse...6&sr=1-2-fkmr1. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefanmyj View Post
I'm looking for a case for the Touch, also. I'm leaning toward M-Edge, but I can't find any at retail stores. I'd love to see it before I buy it.
I have a vague recollection that someone mentioned on this board that they had seen it at a Best Buy in the States?

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
thefanmyj
Enthusiast
thefanmyj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch
Alas, the M-Edge cases sold by Best Buy are only available online.
thefanmyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
terekkincaid
Connoisseur
terekkincaid doesn't litterterekkincaid doesn't litter

Device: nook
I'm really enjoying my Standard Sony case (not the one with the light) in a BookCover case by Bookarmor. Yes, it's basically 2 cases, but I carry my 600 around in my backpack, and with this setup, I can just throw it in and not worry about it - no dust, no smashed screen.
terekkincaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Noreve (for the 600).

Classy, stylish, and expensive (and worth it).

"All my Kindles and Sonys wear Noreve. Or they wear nothing at all."

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #14
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by terekkincaid View Post
I'm really enjoying my Standard Sony case (not the one with the light) in a BookCover case by Bookarmor. Yes, it's basically 2 cases, but I carry my 600 around in my backpack, and with this setup, I can just throw it in and not worry about it - no dust, no smashed screen.
Just out of curiosity, do you have a link to that BookArmor case?
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMoss View Post
I'm trying to find certain things in a cover and I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'd like something that is secure and won't let the reader shift around too much (while not obscuring any buttons). It'd be nice if was slimmer (not too bulky), because I think one of the best features of the reader is how slim it is. A cover that bends back and could be secured in that position would be ideal (is there a top flipping one that can do that?). Any ideas? Thanks.
Have ou looked here? The covers can be bent back. Awesome designs, well made.

http://www.oberondesign.com/Sony.php
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote