Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
stratman
stratman began at the beginning.

Device: nook
LIT to EPUB conversion problems

I'm trying to use Calibre on a project to convert a large number of LIT files to Epub. So far, my results are producing two problems concerning the NCX file.

I get double text entries in the NCX -- for example, "Chapter 1" displays as "Chapter 1 Chapter 1", and the link brings up the last page of the preceeding chapter, not the first page of the intended chapter.

Any thoughts?
stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Adjust the chapter detection expressions. Read the section of the user manual on conversions, it tells you how.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
stratman
stratman began at the beginning.

Device: nook
LIT to EPUB conversion problems

How do I discover the LIT chapter expressions? Do I have to convert LIT to HTML first?
stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You use the debug option and look at the intermediate html in the debug directory. This is also explained in the user manual
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote