Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
Bookathon
Bookaholic
Bookathon doesn't litterBookathon doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 1, 3, Ipad
Deleting book from sony 505

I wan to know how can I delete a book from sony 505 with new firmware, without attaching it to computer, I have tried to go through menu where it says delete book when I choose this, it shows a trash can in the middle of the screen and asks to press mark, which I really don't know where is that mark button?

I have also tranfered few books using calibre, some of them are shown in bold letter in menu while some of them are small fonts why?, even few excerpts came with sony have this anomaly.

When do I suppose to disconnect sony from computer after transfer or power charge, What I am doing is go to drive icon ( I am using windows vista) and right click and choose safely remove option, it will remove the drive icon but charge icon on sony stays on for sometime, do I need to wait until sony shows menu or just disconnect?
Bookathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Bookathan--

The screen on the sony is not very helpful! What you need to do is hit the "bookmark" button. (The little button on the right of the big page turn button on the left side of the reader.) Would be helpful if Sony had put a picture of that button instead of the big trash can!

You should be able to disconnect your Sony after you use "safely disconnect". Your battery may not be fully charged though. Since Lithium Ion batteries don't have the memory effect of older NiCad batteries, partially charging is not a big deal.

Hope this helps--

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
"Mark" button is the one you use for setting bookmarks. The different font sizes in book list are because of title length - Reader tries to adjust the font to fit the whole title. You can disconnect USB cable at any time when it doesn't say "Do not disconnect".
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Bookathon
Bookaholic
Bookathon doesn't litterBookathon doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 1, 3, Ipad
Thanks all, It worked. Sony should have put bookmark button rather than mark only.
Bookathon is offline   Reply With Quote