Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Ahhhh...good to know!!! I think a lot of issues we've been having are probably Android related and might be giving the poor Vox a bad name.

Thanks for the K - me likey!
Yeah it's not Kobo's fault, at least unlike other tablet makers who are ignoring the issue or pretending their isn't one Kobo is trying hard to fix issues that was introduced in 2.3 and never fixed even in 3.1.

I've seen this issue in Coby, Lenovo and other Android tablets. I suggest you try Advanced WiFi Lock (Free) app it may fix it till they get it officially fixed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #47
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to minimize the impact of the issue or the urgency with are handling it.

But I will reiterate that these forums tend to be places where people go to find solutions, which means they are encountering problems. People with problem free experiences will not be posting (as much).

So you just can't base occurrence rates for issues on the volume of forum posts. You can only use them to gather info on the nature of the issue and work with people to find resolutions as quickly as possible.

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #48
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshid View Post
I disagree, I think most users experienced similar issue, other forums report the very same problem. I began having this problem two days ago, I took your suggestion and disabled wifi before putting it to sleep, it didn't help much. my kobo vox does not wake up pretty much every time I put it to sleep now.
I don't mean to be overly critical but the fact that so many people have similar problems waking their device up indicates that there is a serious software problem.

I'm not sure whether to return my device to bestbuy and wait till I hear that the initial bugs have been addressed or sit tight and wait for the update.

any suggestions?
Hi Yoshid, I got my Vox on the release day from Future Shop and experienced these sleep problems right off the bat. After a couple days of wondering if I was the only one dealing with it or if it was something that could be fixed in an update (this thread hadn't been started yet, though I did post my question on one of the "First Impressions" thread), I decided to return it. So far I have been experiencing absolutely no problems with my new Vox, and I have had it for about two weeks now.

That being said, after realizing that Kobo is trying to work out a fix, I think I would be a little less likely to return now. But just know that not all Voxs are experiencing this. Like the lovely Kobo rep stated, this thread is just full of people who have this issue. People without this issue aren't really coming here.

Cheers!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #49
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have two Vox that do not have the problem. One did only after I had a bad install of a downloaded app. Got rid of the app, got rid of the problem. I installed the app Blossom mentioned, just in case, but it was meant as insurance, not as a corrective measure.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #50
yoshid
yoshid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
thanks for the feedback everyone. my kobo seems to have recovered from "sleep of the dead". I might look into installing advanced wifi lock app if this problem gets worse.
I don't think I'm ready to return the device just yet, I'm not going to give up that easily
yoshid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #51
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
It comes and goes for me. There are days where it'll lock up four times,and there Can be a four day period where I only restart it once. Quite annoying, and Advanced Wifi Lock or turning off WiFi when not in use hasn't fixed it.
Haesslich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #52
cristovao
cristovao began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch
We're still having the problem with the Vox but it's not as frequent...I'm not sure if that's due to us not using it as much the past few days (been pretty busy) or just dumb luck.

With all that said, I think it's safe to say that this is a known Android problem and not, as others have stated, a specific issue with the Vox. If that's the case, what fix is Kobo working on? Wouldn't an update or patch from Android be the prudent measure or are manufacturers left to their own devices (so to speak)?
cristovao is offline   Reply With Quote