Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The Conversatory

Welcome to The Conversatory

This a venue for random discussions leading nowhere - or everywhere. At the moment I'm contemplating the relevance of ambivalence in the creation of order from chaos, why orange is such a nasty color, and what to make for dinner. But just give me a minute and we may be onto something else. In any event, friendly banter is welcome but there are no steeeeeenking rules here.

Oh, by the way, please do not confuse The Conversatory with that room down the hall The Conservatory (a.k.a. Fred) which I think must be a greenhouse where people study serious music.

So I'll start. A minute ago, I was thinking what a good woody sort of word that "sausage" is.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I think it's rather tinny ... don'tcha know.

Pip pip and tallyho, Major!!

(I wonder if that sketch was done while Connie Booth was still Mrs. John Cleese?)
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I didn't hear the lumberjack song so it can't be the best of Monty.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I didn't hear the lumberjack song so it can't be the best of Monty.
Quote:
Brigadier Sir Charles Arthur Strong, Mrs.: Dear Sir, I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms about the song you have just broadcast about the lumberjack who wears women's clothes. Many of my best friends are lumberjacks, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, Brigadier Sir Charles Arthur Strong, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the editor of the Radio Times.
WDE (from British Columbia)

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-04-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Added quotes
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Does anyone else ever wonder..........and please realize, I'm not trying to be sacrilegious here, but just curious.

Adam and Eve were the first and only two people in the world.

We are all descended from them. (it says so in the bible)

Who did their children marry? And why did we never hear of any daughters?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Does anyone else ever wonder..........and please realize, I'm not trying to be sacrilegious here, but just curious.

Adam and Eve were the first and only two people in the world.

We are all descended from them. (it says so in the bible)

Who did their children marry? And why did we never hear of any daughters?
Don't you know. They married the daughters of "man". But personally I think it was Lilith who procreated those daughters, maybe spontaneously.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
What's Hot and What's not

A bit of trivia, this looked as good a place to put it as any.

Hot thread with new posts Hot thread with no new posts

A thread is considered *Hot* if it has more than 20 replies or 2,500 views.

WDE.

*note* dgma, your questions got me thinking, that's something. But my conclusions would probably upset someone so I'll keep them to myself.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, yes. The Conservatory - where seriousness is raised to the level just shy of hatred and violence. Perhaps those will be coming soon? What a little humor could do to temper things.

And now for something completely different in The Conversatory:

Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ha ! brilliant video, vr !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Oh dear, you hit the nail right on the head there, I'm afraid I think it should be called the - reveal your true nature room, or maybe the Angry Corner.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #11
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I didn't hear mention of the "cheese shop" skit??? Or the Ministry of Silly Walks... but the above is certainly a classic. Thanks,
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #12
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Ah, yes. The Conservatory - where seriousness is raised to the level just shy of hatred and violence. Perhaps those will be coming soon? What a little humor could do to temper things.

And now for something completely different in The Conversatory:

I believe you're right. I should probably stay away from that room. It tends to get my dander up, raise my hackles, and give me a spiked hair-do. Pooh.

That's a great video . . . showing who, Japanese? being totally irresponsible and wasting energy like that, using an entire office building to mimic a silly game, just for grins, giggles and awe. That's a job for us Americans, isn't it? Humph, that's outsourcing for ya.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Awesome video! Those Japanese are such a hoot! Imagine the panda-monious chaos they could cause if they had more elbow room!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I believe you're right. I should probably stay away from that room. It tends to get my dander up, raise my hackles, and give me a spiked hair-do. Pooh.
Did you say Pooh?

Old 04-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
[quote=vivaldirules;424129]Did you say Pooh?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2012.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	804.5 KB
ID:	27382  
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote