Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Readmoore
Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle
Personal documents accessible online?

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and to Kindle! I'm liking it a lot so far! I've sent a few files to my kindle email address and had it delivered wirelessly to my Kindle without a problem, but I'm curious, other than from the link sent to your email address, is there a place online where you can see all your personal documents? I can't seem to find it anywhere on "manage my kindle".

Thanks a lot!!!
Readmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
slkissinger
Connoisseur
slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Multiple Kindles, Pocketbook Touch HD3, Kobo Clara HD, Xiaomi InkPalm
I don't believe your personal documents are available in "Manage your Kindle". But I was thinking about it... I think you could use a 3rd party to keep track of your documents, and have them available to be re-sent if you delete them from the Kindle and then want them back. Dropbox is one way, and I see here's someone who illustrated how they used Dropbox to do that: http://arthurpenskyfile.blogspot.com...-transfer.html

You could also... (if you have a internet connection that supports this, not everyone does)... but I could see using Calibre. and making your calibre library available for network connectivity (with a password, likely). and opening up that port. Presuming you have a static IP (which is usually extra to pay for, from your ISP). Anyway, it could be done. But it might cost you time and money. Dropbox, although a little more cumbersome, would work as well I think.
slkissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Personal documents are definitely not stored on Amazon's servers.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Readmoore
Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.Readmoore can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle
I see. Thank you, both! I guess I'll just manually transfer the converted files from Kindle to my harddrive via USB. =)

Thank you!!
Readmoore is offline   Reply With Quote