Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
RHM
RHM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
EPUB to Mobi word splicing

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I searched but there are probable 100 ways to describe what's happening.

I converted an EPUB to Mobi but words are spliced regularly throughout the document and it's driving me mad while reading. For example:

"The dog ju
mped over the fence. Th
e fence is big and green. T
he dog hates green."

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

RHM
RHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHM View Post
I converted an EPUB to Mobi but words are spliced regularly throughout the document and it's driving me mad while reading. For example:

"The dog ju
mped over the fence. Th
e fence is big and green. T
he dog hates green."

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
If guessing that your source epub is garbage. You might be able to use Sigil to stitch the epub back together.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert