Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: many
Problems with importing?

Beginning yesterday, the books I've tried to import have been coming in with no metadata. I know the books have a cover, series, description, publisher, etc. They are coming in with the author name & title in the title column, and the author is "Unknown", and all other metadata columns and the cover are blank. I've been using the Mac version of Calibre for a couple of years and have never run into this issue. I updated to version 0.8.56 and added the Fantastic Fiction and Series plugins yesterday before trying to import a few books. After I noticed they were stripped of their metadata, I reverted to version 0.8.55 and uninstalled the new plugins, just in case, but that didn't help. I don't believe I changed any other settings. Any thoughts on what might have happened? Thank you!

Hattie
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

For the sake of testing, I also imported a book from my own collection. I know mine have all the metadata including a cover. At least it came in with the author's name instead of "Unknown", but no other metadata. This would seem to show that something has changed in Calibre, rather than something being wrong with the imports. I'm stumped & appreciate your ideas. Thanks!

Hattie
Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Check Preferences -> Adding books -> Read metadata from file contents rather than file name. Perhaps you used to have it turn on (the default) and currently have it turned off.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
Hattie
Enthusiast

That box is checked in my preferences, but thank you!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
What format are the books? Perhaps you have disabled the metadata reader plugin then. Look in Preferences -> Plugins -> metadata reader plug-ins to make sure it is enabled for that format.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #6
Hattie
Enthusiast

That did it! I don't know how it got disabled, but that did the trick! Thanks so much, kiwidude!