Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle PW new FW5.3.4 solved PDF low memory

It seems the new firmware has solved the low memory bug for PDF ebook.

I've tried myself and so far so good.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
JFHey
Enthusiast
JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: KT, PW2, KO2
are you still running 5.3.4, and did you still not get a 'low memory' warning?
I have 5.4.2 and get the error all the time.
JFHey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
5.3.4 is firmware for the PW1

5.4.2 is firmware for the PW2

Neither firmware will exist on the other device, and comparisons between the two seem rather unwise.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #4
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
I use a PW1 with the 5.3.4 firmware and I do have "PDF Low Memory" crashes now and then.
Typically, after I click "OK", it simply exits the book and returns to the standard "home screen". Then I simply click the book again and it opens it and I can continue to read it (fortunately it does remember the last page when dying).
However, I have also had several such crashes which did not end this way. Instead of the "home screen" it was displaying a "screensaver image" -> in such cases I had to perform a "cold reboot" of my PW1 (pressing the "power" button for a long time, 20 seconds or so) as nothing else helped.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
JFHey
Enthusiast
JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: KT, PW2, KO2
thanks for the clarification!
JFHey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #6
lizard king
lizard king began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
and still nothing for KPW 1
lizard king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard king View Post
and still nothing for KPW 1
I find that a bit annoying, too.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote