Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Anyone use Zolabooks?

They had an ebook of The New Hunger, a sequel to Warm Bodies. The author, Isaac Marion, linked to it from his webpage and Amazon didn't have it. However, it was only $2.99 on Zolabooks.

It was an okay experience. The website was slow to load. It worked better in Firefox than IE. I don't have Google Chrome on this computer, so I couldn't test that out (need to rectify that). Anyway, in short order, I had a MOBI file of the book emailed to me from ZOLA and I emailed it to the email associated with my Kindle. A couple of minutes later, there it was. You can get the books they sell on any device, apparently. I would never had tried them out had Amazon had the eBook.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I've never even heard of Zolabooks before.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Traciinaz
Enthusiast
Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3, Kindle Paperwhite 4, Nook 7" Tablet
I bought [I]The New Hunger[I] from Zolabooks too as it's the only place to buy it. I didn't have any problems with downloading it and putting it on my ereader.
Traciinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #4
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traciinaz View Post
I bought [I]The New Hunger[I] from Zolabooks too as it's the only place to buy it. I didn't have any problems with downloading it and putting it on my ereader.
Oh, neither did I. IE (at least on my computer) didn't work well with the website, though. That was okay because I decided to see if Firefox would work better with it. It did.

As I said, I got my book on there in fairly short order. Looks well-formatted. I'm glad that going there for "New Hunger" led to discovering another good way to get eBooks.

Last edited by covingtoncat73; 03-25-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Never used them, but I have heard of them. I remember when Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife finally got an ebook release it was exclusive to Zola.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #6
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Oh, as well as it being easy to get your book in whatever format from them, their customer service is good. I was a goofy person and impatient, so I emailed when my book hadn't shown up in the Kindle docs after a couple of minutes. Well, as soon as I sent the email, the book appeared. Heh. I sent another email right away saying thanks and never mind but the book came through. Well, I got a nice little email response saying they were glad the book came through and happy reading.

Anyway, they are good. Just access the site through Firefox or Chrome, not IE.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #7
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Only their 4 ebook exclusives are available on ereaders. All the rest need an iOS app.

Quote:
We are still in the early stages; every week we are adding eBooks from major publishers, adding bookseller partners, and adding book reviews from newspapers and blogs around the world. At the moment, only our exclusives like THE TIME TRAVELER’S WIFE, SLOUCHING TOWARDS BETHLEHEM, FALLEN ANGELS, and THE NEW HUNGER work on every device; all other eBooks are readable on iPads and iPhones. (If you have an iPad or iPhone, you can see that reading on Zola is different and new, social like you’ve never seen it, perfect for book clubs, classes, and anyone who likes to feel part of the larger world of readers.)
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:31 PM   #8
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Only their 4 ebook exclusives are available on ereaders. All the rest need an iOS app.
Ah good catch. I obviously have only bought the one book so I didn't realize.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #9
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Their prices are competitive, though.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #10
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Their prices are competitive, though.
They sure are.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #11
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
I bought Time Traveler's Wife when they released it, and at the time there were only a half-dozen downloadable titles. Most of their books were available only through their app for phones and tablets, and I Calibre my books, so they had a pretty limited selection for me.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #12
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Never heard of Zola Books. They seem to be still in beta.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote