Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Kindle Touch Landscape??

Happy new year all,
I'm wondering if KT supports landscape mode.
I think it's useful when handling some complicated pdf files.
Thanks in advance.
Pink Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, it doesn't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
It does, have a look in the developers corner, works quite well, some overlapping of menus. Even the touch areas rotate.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
lkewei
lkewei began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
You need to root your kindle first, and then install the GUI Launcher: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...g#GUI_Launcher
lkewei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those of us who choose not to violate the terms of the Kindle licence agreement, it doesn't .
Old 01-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
What a pity for you ...
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Indeed. I'm weeping into my cup of tea .

Seriously, though, I have absolutely no need, personally, for landscape mode. I've never used it on any of the readers I've owned. But if it was essential to me, I'd probably get something like the Sony T1 rather than the Kindle Touch.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
I have occasionally used landscape to look at photos. Fortunately, the KK still has it.

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
I have occasionally used landscape to look at photos. Fortunately, the KK still has it.

k4k
Yeah. It's nice to have on the keyboard model for the few books that have images in them. But, past that, it's not entirely the most useful function. I, personally, could have done without it.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote