Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Drezin
Connoisseur
Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-505
Freezes Every Time I Select my Reader

I just got a Mac. I downloaded and installed Sony's reader library without problem. I downloaded all the books I previously bought from the Sony store without a problem. I transferred all the books I downloaded from this site's free downloads section from a flash drive on to my Mac without a problem. But when I plug in my reader (a PRS-600), that is when I run into a problem. I open up the Sony library program, and it picks up the reader and displays it on the left pane. But when I click on it (the reader), everything freezes (only the Sony library freezes, not the whole computer). If I plug in me ereader and click on other things like the store or library, it works okay. But once I click on the reader itself, it freezes.

Any suggestions as to what I should do?
Drezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try running Reader Library and then plugging in the 600. I have had problems in the past running ebook Library with the Reader already plugged in. But no problem if the software was running first.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Drezin
Connoisseur
Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!

Actually, I think that worked. I just had to wait a few minutes. I'll tool around with it and post if I don't have any more issues, and a mod/admin can lock this.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Drezin
Connoisseur

Yep, it worked. Thanks for the tip.

If a mod/admin wants to lock delete this, that's fine.