Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Question text size

When I read a new book on the 600 it always opens it on the small text setting and I change it to medium.

Is there any way to set it up so it always defaults to a medium sized font no matter what book I read?

thanks
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not that I know of.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I did have a play around and couldn't see any way of doing that. Hopefully something sony can include in future versions - gets a little annoying when you read a lot of material.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If it's material you're creating yourself, one option would be to use a larger font size, so it's readable at "Small".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #5
quillaja
Connoisseur
quillaja began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader touch (prs-600)
The sony reader's text sizes are generally bad. I find small too small (especially if the light is a little dim), and medium slightly too big although acceptable. L would be ok for people with bad eyes, but XL and XXL are way too large for the device--only 2-4 words will fit on a page at those sizes.

And I also wish there was a way to set the default text size in the reader.
quillaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 02:10 AM   #6
poshm
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quillaja View Post
The sony reader's text sizes are generally bad. I find small too small (especially if the light is a little dim), and medium slightly too big although acceptable. L would be ok for people with bad eyes, but XL and XXL are way too large for the device--only 2-4 words will fit on a page at those sizes.

And I also wish there was a way to set the default text size in the reader.
Oh I really like the medium size, very comfortable and plenty of words on the page.

But wouldn't it be great if you could define your very own pt size as a default for all books say 10,11 or 12 which are standard font sizes in a word processor - just as you would do in Word or OpenOffice when you create a new document.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:44 AM   #7
quillaja
Connoisseur
quillaja began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader touch (prs-600)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
But wouldn't it be great if you could define your very own pt size as a default for all books say 10,11 or 12 which are standard font sizes in a word processor - just as you would do in Word or OpenOffice when you create a new document.
Yea, it would be nice if you could set your own sizes and other things. Maybe in the future.
quillaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Not all books have the same three text sizes. Most BBeB books I've read seem to have larger text sizes than some of the ePUB books, not that you can find many ePUB books in the Sony eBook Store, despite their claim that they would go all ePUB by the EOY.

Don't forget that placing the Reader into landscape increases the font size too. So you actually have six font sizes to choose from--three in portrait view and three in landscape view.

I'm not a fan of the Reader's landscape view because Sony chose to use a faded strip in the page center to show you where you were when you scrolled half a page. It is unnecessary and darn distracting, especially when a page has images. They could easily disable this feature or at least give us the option to disable it.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-02-2009 at 01:39 PM.