Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #1
JDriver
JDriver began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
How do I delete books from my device?

I have moved a few dozen books to my Nexus 7 as a test, and now want to delete some. I can delete from the Aldiko reader by holding the book and pressing the response. As far as I can see there is no way to delete using CC.
Am I missing something?
JDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #2
GoghGirl
GoghGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color Rooted
I was really curious about this as well. Just 'connect' your device to calibre. Then while inside calibre click device. From there you can delete any book you want.

I only see a way to delete books by using the computer. I wish there was a delete button native to the app. Anyone know if one exists and I just have not not found it yet?
GoghGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoghGirl View Post
I only see a way to delete books by using the computer. I wish there was a delete button native to the app. Anyone know if one exists and I just have not not found it yet?
You can delete the book from the device using any android file manager, but that doesn't remove the entry from CC's on-board database. An in app button to delete books would be nice but until then you need to use the computer to delete the book or at least remove the entry from CC's android database.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There isn't an in-app deletion button yet. That is one of the things on the todo list, but not as high as making CC work with large numbers of books, and ensuring it doesn't run out of memory during sends.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote