Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
readingforfun
readingforfun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle 2 3g speed test

Anyone with a Kindle 2 in Canada or Ontario or United States can try to do a speed test and see how fast it downloads?

http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1
readingforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
Urbs
Urbs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, HTC Hero
Can you really open that page on the Kindle's rather limited browser? I'd expect a speed test to require java etc.
Urbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
kindle79
kindle79 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Not yet!
kindle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
readingforfun

Has anyone tried to go to the site with their kindle?
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Even if the site were to come up in the Kindle's browser it only allows downloads in PRC, MOBI and Text formats, so it wouldn't work anyway.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
readingforfun

I saw on a site they used the kindle to do it though.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readingforfun View Post
I saw on a site they used the kindle to do it though.
Really? That surprises me.

I tried it, and it says "Your browser does not fully support JavaScript, we cannot test your speed."
Old 08-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
readingforfun

Really... hmm let me check that site again.. Is his hacked then? Anyone else try it? try just
http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed

http://powercx.com/kindle/?p=39

Last edited by readingforfun; 08-09-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
The dslreports site requires java scripts turned on (I tried it yesterday) so that doesn't work.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
carld
Wizard

I went into settings and enabled JavaScript, Then I opened the site in Advanced Mode and got it to work. For what it's worth my results for the Kindle 1 browser were:

5K = unstable/too fast (.763s)
50K = unstable/too fast (1.32s)
100K = unstable/too fast (3.988s)

This is in Northeast Ohio, in the US. Since it's a K1, Sprint is the G3 provider.

Last edited by carld; 08-10-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
I went into settings and enabled JavaScript
that should do it lol
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
that should do it lol
Does not work with the KDXG. I still get "your browser does not fully support javascript" message, even with javascript enabled and in advanced mode. Not that it matters, I can tell by how it takes forever to load web pages and DL books from Amazon that the 3G via AT&T is nearly worthless in my area. I had the same problem with the Sony PRS900 3G, so it is definitely a problem with AT&T's infrastructure in my location rather than a problem with the 3G radios in the Sonys or Kindles.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #13
noonionclub
noonionclub is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
Downloading 1M, it gave me 318 kbit/sec. Living in SoCal.

Using K2(usa) version.

Last edited by noonionclub; 08-11-2010 at 02:40 PM.
noonionclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #14
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=15

if you can read the words in the image
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote