Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Red face Secure eReader books from fictionwise

Love my new Jetbook Lite, but I am having a problem reading my new book that I just purchased from fictionwise. It is a Secure eReader book...so I have the book on my Jetbook Lite and go to enter my information...my name and credit card number. But they don't work and are rejected. I bought this book thru paypal and am now using a new credit card number. I entered both my old and new cr number...neither was accepted...these are master card numbers...does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You may have to go back to the Fictionwise web site and your bookshelf to see what
credit card number and the exact spelling used for your name, is associated with the
particular book. In the past, I've forgotten the number of a destroyed card for a number
of old purchases and had to redownload them -after- reseting the default cc number to
my new card number. This was on eReader.com which is a Fictionwise site (now both
owned by B&N).

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Talking problem solved

Thanks for your answer. But for anyone else who has this same problem, my problem was that my Jetbook Lite capatalizes all of the letters of my name....so it didn't match up with my name originally registered with fictionwise
Who knew??I had missed that one...so I went in and capatalized my name and now all is working!
Old 05-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
Or you could just strip out the drm and really own the book.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
Kaysclie
Addict

Thumbs up

I would seriously love to strip out the drm, but unfortunately I am not all that adept at accomplishing that. I tried once upon a time, but couldn't figure it out . It seemed way too complicated.
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
What format is it in?
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's really not so hard for eReader DRM, Google is your friend.
You should also get the free Calibre, it even has a forum here that can lead you
to the download site. Once you have removed the DRM you can have Calibre
format it for you using a conversion, Page Setup, Output profile for Jetbook 5-inch.

Luck;
Ken
Old 05-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #8
Kaysclie
Addict

Thumbs up

Maybe I have been too hasty. I will follow up on the information here in the forum and see if I can figure out how to remove the drm on my secure eReader books. I do like to buy from Fictionwise and EReader, so it might well be worth the effort. Fingers crossed!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The best place to find the latest news on DRM software is Apprentice Alf's Blog. The "tools" bundle does not contain much documentation, but is very easy to use.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #10
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
The information is out there. I was able to find the tools and instructions to free my books from eReader, Mobi and ePub in about 30 minutes and have my books in Calibre in their original DRM form and without in case I need it.

However, the JBL does a great job with eReader DRM books so I'm putting all of those on it anyway. One time entering my unlock info and I'm good to go on all of them.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:05 AM   #11
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
The information is out there. I was able to find the tools and instructions to free my books from eReader, Mobi and ePub in about 30 minutes and have my books in Calibre in their original DRM form and without in case I need it.

However, the JBL does a great job with eReader DRM books so I'm putting all of those on it anyway. One time entering my unlock info and I'm good to go on all of them.

Right, the JBL handles the eReader DRM very well, but I have a couple of
reasons to liberate those books also.

For one, my credit union occasionally has suggested I replace my Visa card
with them, due to some business that I have dealt with having been hacked
and that my card could therefor be compromised. Naturally I am quick to
follow up on that and have them issue a new card. This means that the
books on hand no longer unlock with the CC# in my pocket. Establishing the
number used on a purchase made months or even years ago can be a real
hassle.

The .pdb looks fine and many prefer its tighter display, but I like the more
open display that Calibre converted .epub ebooks have.

I like creating a large library on an SD card, that I can be sure will play on
any device I may wish to use it in. Without the DRM all the ebooks are
associated with the SD card and not any particular device. If I want to read
a book on a new or different device it's just a matter of inserting the SD card.

Luck;
Ken