Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #31
Sebl
Sebl began at the beginning.

Device: prs600
Hello, and thanks for simplifying the use of Sopdf. I tried to download it, but failled to use it. Maybe this is because of what I want to use it for : I would like to reformat Google (image scanned) book-length PDFs. Could someone tell me if it is feasable on old rare degraded spotty Google PDFs? I have aready tried other tools from this forum but did not get satisfying results.
Sebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #32
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sebl,

I don't see any reason in particular why sopdf shouldn't have worked with your Google scanned books, though I personally find I get better results with pdflrf for scans.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #33
rasbadar
Enthusiast
rasbadar began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-505
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Have either of you tried the GUI I made?
You can find it here.
It would be nice to get Nathan's working, but this might help narrow down the problems.
Works like a charm!

Thanks a lot,

Ras
rasbadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:13 AM   #34
Sebl
Sebl began at the beginning.

Device: prs600
Thanks Frabjous.

I'll give PDFLRF a try.
Sebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #35
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
By jove, I think I've got it!

The "fit height" does what I want it to do, Hooray

It still bugs me to no friggin' end that I can't do this simple task with Acrobat, only a mock-crop. It's not like it's (Acrobat) a cheap program (even if I'm not the one paying for it).
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #36
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I finally got around to compiling Nathan's GUI for 32 bit linux systems. It's attached. Just extract and drop both files into your searched path for executable files. (E.g., ~/bin) Run soPDF_Frontend for the GUI, or just sopdf for the commandline tool.

I'm just including the binaries, since the source code is identical to that for the 64 bit linux version, posted above.

Let me know if this works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 sopdf_linux_32bit_binaries.tar.bz2 (4.69 MB, 630 views)
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #37
luma
luma began at the beginning.

Device: none
Great job! Have you considered uploading the soPDF + soPDF GUI Linux source to SourceForge? Then others can build packages. Such a useful tool should be in Ubuntu repos IMO.

$ sudo aptitude search sopdf
sopdf - A tool for resizing PDFs to half size for use with e-book readers.
luma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #38
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
I'm working on the Mac OS X version right now. Since I got myself a Macbook Pro 17" in January but I was busy since then working on iOS applications. Now I'll try to make more desktop programs
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote