Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
Oil spots on M-Edge Prodigy Covers??? Already gone through two...

I'm currently going through with the wonderful Customer at M-Edge regarding their latest cover, the Kindle 2 Prodigy Cover... Unfortunately my first cover had an oil blotch on it, and I've been trying to get a replacement. Today they sent me another cover which was supposed to be "perfect". It wasn't. : ( I didn't even take the 2nd case out of the original plastic wrapping so that there's no way it could have been my fault, and sent pics back to M-Edge. Hopefully they'll replace this cover as well.

Maybe I'm being a bit anal, but these genuine leather covers ARE $45... I expect them to be pristine, or at least the same quality that $30 leather shoes are. Here are the pictures of what I'm talking about, and if you have any problems with yours, please let me know, I wanna try and figure out how many others are having the same quality control issues.

All pics are here:
http://www.christopherwu.net/gallery...over_oil_spots

My first cover:

My second cover:

What it should look like (the back of the 1st & 2nd covers are both pristine):

Comments?
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That just looks like natural flaws in the leather. No genuine leather is going to be of a completely uniform texture.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 05:48 AM   #3
Book Worm
Enthusiast
Book Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litter

Device: Sony e Reader 505 *BLUE*
Your new one looks like a finger print!
Book Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That just looks like natural flaws in the leather. No genuine leather is going to be of a completely uniform texture.
It looks to me like it might be more than that, but hard to tell from pictures. My M-Edge leather case for the K1 has no such flaws.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
unrequited
Zealot

Yup on kindleboards, nobody else has had oil-spots on their covers. Plus I've owned many a leather coat & shoes without issues.
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
unrequited
Zealot

Update: M-Edge CS has been nothing but awesome, and they're actually sold out of this cover (I got the first shipment of the new Prodigy covers and I guess it was a smaller batch than they usually do). They told me to keep both stained covers so that "I have something to protect my kindle" and when they restock they'll ship me out a new one and I can then ship back the two I have. A+ customer service.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
ratflinger
Enthusiast
ratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: K3, Touch, Paperwhite 3G
That's why I ordered a black one - I can't see if it's flawed or not.
ratflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
unrequited
Zealot

Third time's a charm. This cover is absolutely beautiful, and the only thing that is better is the wonderful customer service by Sara who was more than accomodating the entire time. Thank you M-Edge for standing behind your customers and your beautiful products.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Can you post an end-on pic? I'd like to see how much extra space there is at the spine edge -- specially if I don't plan to add their light to the package.

So, I mean a shot like the first one above, but tip the whole thing further back. So we can see the Kindle in there and how much space is at the spine. Thanks!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #10
unrequited
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Can you post an end-on pic?
Thanks!
I can do you one better... video review! (not mine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-RWv...fmt=22#t=4m10s
Old 03-23-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Perfect -- thank you!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #12
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrequited View Post
Third time's a charm. This cover is absolutely beautiful, and the only thing that is better is the wonderful customer service by Sara who was more than accomodating the entire time. Thank you M-Edge for standing behind your customers and your beautiful products.
Nice to hear!
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote