Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Capacitative Brush Stylus

Someone mentioned finding a good deal on them last week. Does anyone temember where or how much it costed?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I'd be interested in knowing this, too...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Was it (5) in "Five Tips ..." here - "'Pogo Sketch' and only cost $2.99 on ebay… shipping included!" but I've not checked eBay!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Gwyn! That is the post that I was looking for.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
I have one coming but it wasn't $2,99... Cheapest I found on eBay in USA was 11.99
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 04:54 AM   #6
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
I have this one for on the road:

2.30 incl shipping

There's a cheaper one, but the tip is less usable

1.70 incl shipping

@home I use this one. It's good for drawing and taking notes

2.40 incl shipping

Waiting for this one though. The fine tip works better at writing/drawing

2.40 incl shipping
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #7
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just got my Ten-1 pogo sketch stylus and I love it! So much better! Get one (stylus).. you'll be glad you did.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Nice overview here (including the cool brush one): http://www.macworld.com/article/1565...s_roundup.html
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!

Mine is on order, but I forgot to change my mailing address. I guess it will be forwarded eventually.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #10
1611mac
eWanderer

Now I just have to find a way not to lose the pen.....
Old 05-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #11
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
Waiting for this one though. The fine tip works better at writing/drawing

2.40 incl shipping
Wait, someone has actually made a fine tip stylus that'll work with the iPad?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Wait, someone has actually made a fine tip stylus that'll work with the iPad?
No... I thought so too when i ordered it. THE tip is just a cap... Luckily I could cancel the order.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #13
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
No... I thought so too when i ordered it. THE tip is just a cap... Luckily I could cancel the order.
Ah, pity.

I hope the third generation iPad features an improved touchscreen that can pick up a finer tipped stylus. Though given Job's previous comments on the matter...
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:20 AM   #14
athlonkmf
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Ah, pity.

I hope the third generation iPad features an improved touchscreen that can pick up a finer tipped stylus. Though given Job's previous comments on the matter...
Coincidentally I just saw this video this morning. I might try this out. Seems to be working great

Of course, I could also learn how to use those pogostick tips. I mean, it's not like my handwriting could get any worse than I already do with pen and paper..

The last time I actually WROTE a sentence with pen and paper is like 15 years ago

I only need to do something like this:

quite readable, not?

and of course... it's not the tool that limits the artist. It's the artists themselves.

Last edited by athlonkmf; 05-09-2011 at 04:33 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:58 AM   #15
athlonkmf
Guru

I just wrote this with NotesPlus and the stylus as a test. (is some random article which popped up in my rss-feed)

This stylus

2.40 incl shipping

(typing was much faster btw)

Last edited by athlonkmf; 05-09-2011 at 05:06 AM.