Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #826
airforce369
airforce369 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I have been reading up on all of this because I was trying it on a pdf I own. I have my user and password to open the pdf, but it's just blank white pages. I know this PDF HAD a time limit on it, is this what would cause the blank pages? Does the DRM circumvention not fix the time restriction?
airforce369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #827
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce369 View Post
I have been reading up on all of this because I was trying it on a pdf I own. I have my user and password to open the pdf, but it's just blank white pages. I know this PDF HAD a time limit on it, is this what would cause the blank pages? Does the DRM circumvention not fix the time restriction?
Detailed instructions on DRM removal aren't allowed on MobileRead. I would suggest that you Google for Apprentice Alf's blog, but I doubt you'll have much luck over there either because

(1) The tools there only work on PDFs encrypted for Adobe Digital Editions (not password protected ones).
(2) The developers there aren't keen on helping people turn rented ebooks into owned ebooks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #828
airforce369

Oh, I wasn't asking for instructions. I have the password since I own the PDF and bought it. But I guess I never realized there's a time limit on it.. So when I open the original or the nonDRM'd version, it's just white blank pages.

Is it common to have a expiration date on a PDF that would cause it to have blank pages? Is it possible that I need to open it on the same machine I originally did? (The latter would make no sense..)
Old 08-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #829
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't asking for instructions. I have the password since I own the PDF and bought it. But I guess I never realized there's a time limit on it.. So when I open the original or the nonDRM'd version, it's just white blank pages.

Is it common to have a expiration date on a PDF that would cause it to have blank pages? Is it possible that I need to open it on the same machine I originally did? (The latter would make no sense..)
It's unusual for a password-protected PDF to have a time limit. I don't think I've heard of one before. I would also expect it to pop up a window, rather than displaying blank pages.

Are you using the same software on both machines? Non-Adobe software might not be able to display the PDF correctly.

If it displays incorrectly (i.e. blank pages) and you think you are doing everything right, get back to the retailer and complain.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #830
airforce369

After leaving it open for approximately a minute it finally says

"An error exists on the page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #831
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
After leaving it open for approximately a minute it finally says

"An error exists on the page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."
Then I think I'd do just that. Go back to the people you bought the PDF from.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #832
Automatic
Automatic began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Hey guys, sorry to bump an old thread.

Basically, I got the Decrypter and ineptpdf scripts to work with python, however, I couldn't get the Key creator to work. It says; ValueError: IV must be 16 bytes long. I assume this might have to do with the fact that I'm using the 64 bit of Python 2.6, however, if I install any other version of Python, it tells me it cannot find the Python registry.

Thanks.
Automatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:23 AM   #833
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
We've not been able to specifically discuss the process of removing DRM from files here on Mobileread for quite awhile now.

We just nudge-nudge, wink-wink and keep things general here nowadays. Google Apprentice Alf and post on that blog for help with your questions!

Last edited by FizzyWater; 01-23-2013 at 12:42 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote