Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #16
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom
Eve, before she ate the forbidden fruit, so I could talk her out of it!
Ah' the paradox - but then none of us would exist
And we wouldn't know the multiplication tables either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma
Leonardo Da Vinci.

The man was a marvel. To accomplish what he did, in the times that he lived, is beyond comprehension.

But thats just me.
As an engineer, this was also my choice & it would be interesting to see if he was, indeed, a time traveler - to at least discuss that with him.

We'd probably have a language problem since I don't speak Italian.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #17
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
You know what else would be interesting?

To see how humanity really started.

Did God indeed fashion us from clay?

Did extraterrestrials "seed" ancient ape-man with their genes?

Did we progress from the seas?

Interesting aspects, all.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 05:45 AM   #18
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Ah' the paradox - but then none of us would exist
Mary, the mother of Jesus (and with all due respect).

Because I really, really, want to know!!!
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:11 AM   #19
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'd go back to where there was no man or woman yet. The age of the dinosaurs would be my point of call. Or, as DG mentioned, those pivotal points in time that made us who we are. The first man or woman that started to walk upright, the first to make a stone tool, the first that actually made a fire on purpose, etc.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #20
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I hope everyone speaks the language of the people they are looking to go back and see. Or plan to bring a translator...

As for me, I'm really not sure, Tesla perhaps. Maybe Jefferson... Good question though.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #21
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I hope everyone speaks the language of the people they are looking to go back and see. Or plan to bring a translator...

As for me, I'm really not sure, Tesla perhaps. Maybe Jefferson... Good question though.

-MJ
Don't you think that if you can make a time machine you cannot make a translator?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:54 AM   #22
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Don't you think that if you can make a time machine you cannot make a translator?
Well, I'm taking this as a 'wish granted' situation, so I'm not the one who made the time machine (otherwise I'd probably have as many choices as I'd want) and I don't know what gear I've been privy to use...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #23
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Well, I'm taking this as a 'wish granted' situation, so I'm not the one who made the time machine (otherwise I'd probably have as many choices as I'd want) and I don't know what gear I've been privy to use...

-MJ
Ok, I can live with that...

But the original question didn't say anything about talking For me, I'd love to observe.

(and let's just assume that "wish granted" includes the ability to understand the person!)
Old 05-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #24
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
Mary, the mother of Jesus (and with all due respect).

Because I really, really, want to know!!!
Oh, yeah .... like she's going to fess up about having had sex before she was properly married. Especially to someone who just sort of "appears" before her .... oh, wait ..... maybe it does happen and YOU are the archangel!! Now, there's a thought.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #25
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea;

But the original question didn't say anything about talking For me, I'd love to observe.
UMmmmmm! there's a word for that!

Last edited by columbus; 05-25-2009 at 03:38 PM.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #26
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
It would be good to visit that Fermat chappie, and find out what his cryptic last theorem was all about.

Or, maybe Louise Brooks.

I think I'll plump for Louise (of course!) - there are more important things to find out than thingummie's last wotsit.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #27
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oh, yeah .... like she's going to fess up about having had sex before she was properly married. Especially to someone who just sort of "appears" before her .... oh, wait ..... maybe it does happen and YOU are the archangel!! Now, there's a thought.
ME the archangel?? Now that really is a thought. Nah,...... can't quite get my head around that.

What if I don't just sort of "appear" before her. (I wonder how everyone else is coping with this *suddenly appearing* act?) Kind of blend in and then say 'Okay lovey, tell your Auntie Nohmi all about it'.

Think that would work Ricky?

Be honest, haven't you wondered about about the facts yourself? Most people I know have.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You know, some say there is a theory that right before you are born, you know all the answers to all the mysteries of the world.

Then you get born, and wham-0.

You forget.

Doesn't seem right, somehow.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #29
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You know, some say there is a theory that right before you are born, you know all the answers to all the mysteries of the world.

Then you get born, and wham-0.

You forget.

Doesn't seem right, somehow.
What an interesting theory. I've never read of that one before.

But how do we know that we've forgotten?
Old 05-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
What an interesting theory. I've never read of that one before.

But how do we know that we've forgotten?
Its just one of those random useless pieces of info that float around my brain...will try to do more search on the origins. Surely it has something to do with re-incarnation........