Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
Mobipocket wont save my page number?

I have been using my mobipocket for reading ebooks for about 6months now and I have noticed that it isnt saving my page numbers any more. For example if I stop reading on page 46 and I shut off my PDA then want to read again later, I will have to search for where I left off because when I open mobipocket again it starts me off on the first page. Also if I just choose "go to" and type in 46 the text wont be the same. Usually it varies from 2 pages to 12 pages so it is very difficult to find where I left off. I admit I havent tried reinstalling it but that is because my activesync is giving me problems. Anyone else have this problem with mobipocket?
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
Well I solved my own problem. I tried reinstalling mobipocket and it didnt do anything. I noticed that only certian books wouldnt get their page numbers saved when read. Even books I bought from fictionwise would suffer this problem. It has only happened about 3 times out of 15 so not that often. I then took the problematic books off of my CF card and put them directly onto the flash memory. This solved everything. I dont know why only certian books dont work on my CF card but oh well.
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert