Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
LonelyStar
LonelyStar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Experience with www.onyx-boox.com service and refunds

Hello,

Has anyone experience with the customer service of onyx-boox.com?
I have (pre-)ordered a M90 from them, and returned it because of the blind spot on the touchscreen. I have send the parcel 16 days ago and not heard of them since. I send them 2 messages, one 2 days ago, one today requesting the status of the return and my money back.

I am a bit pissed off because they are not reacting. Is there anything else I can do? Has anyone experience with the customer service of www.onyx-boox.com?

Regards,
Nathan
LonelyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
Guus
Enthusiast
Guus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enough

Device: Apple iPad 3G 64GB, iriver Story HD, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyStar View Post
.... Has anyone experience with the customer service of www.onyx-boox.com?

Regards,
Nathan
I returned my dysfunctioning M90 july 6 after mail contact with Remco Knelissen, support@onyx-boox.com. July 15 I received the refund. Unfortunately excl. shippingcosts.
Success!
Guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
LonelyStar

Well, I send them an eMail in addition to the tickets I opened. Lets see what the outcome will be ...
Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyStar View Post
Well, I send them an eMail in addition to the tickets I opened. Lets see what the outcome will be ...
You've received a couple comments of tickets and an email about your return.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
LonelyStar

Hey,

I got a reply and very soon afterwards the money was refunded.
The original delay was probably because I did not mark the parcel properly (no RMA number) so I guess the delay was partly my fault.

But now everything worked very fast, thumbs up !

Regards,
Nathan
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 01:41 AM   #6
longchuai
longchuai began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M90
Due to the delay of the first batch, I asked for a refund and I got it after 2 days.
longchuai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
JohnArchibaldArk
JohnArchibaldArk began at the beginning.

Onyx-boox.com service simply does not exist: avoid the nightmare if you still can...

There is practically no assistance, almost not at all... When I asked something I have usually received no answer. I think they simply do not have any assistance: their technicians are not supposed to be in contact with the customers, the only person who is authorised to keep contacts with customers (a lady, in my experience) does not have any technical skill and, finally, it is even possible that their technicians (based in China) do not speak English enough to provide assistance.
I hope someone will tell me, and prove me, that all I have just said is wrong.
According to my experience, and to the situation so far, buying a product from these gentlemen can become a nightmare. I did, and I am owing a device which so many problems as if it was a prototype, well before the stage of introduction into the market. If this is the way China is approaching the Hi-Tech western market, including Australia, where I live, then I hope that this unfair, unethical and consumer insulting strategy will turn into a business demolishing boomerang. They would deserve it.
Is it all so wrong and bad with the M90? Not at all! It is a pleasure reading on such a nice screen! But I am waiting the moment when everything will crash, when the screen will simply die, or any really major problem will happen. At that point I will write, write again, call the USA office, communicate with their main office in China, perhaps start some legal action, definitely write hundreds of e mails to all the Hi-Tech magazines of the Western world, write to all the Consumers' Associations I will be able to reach, and who knows what else... Well, if I were you, if you still can, I would avoid the nightmare.
JohnArchibaldArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnArchibaldArk View Post
There is practically no assistance, almost not at all... When I asked something I have usually received no answer. I think they simply do not have any assistance: their technicians are not supposed to be in contact with the customers, the only person who is authorised to keep contacts with customers (a lady, in my experience) does not have any technical skill and, finally, it is even possible that their technicians (based in China) do not speak English enough to provide assistance.
I hope someone will tell me, and prove me, that all I have just said is wrong.
According to my experience, and to the situation so far, buying a product from these gentlemen can become a nightmare. I did, and I am owing a device which so many problems as if it was a prototype, well before the stage of introduction into the market. If this is the way China is approaching the Hi-Tech western market, including Australia, where I live, then I hope that this unfair, unethical and consumer insulting strategy will turn into a business demolishing boomerang. They would deserve it.
Is it all so wrong and bad with the M90? Not at all! It is a pleasure reading on such a nice screen! But I am waiting the moment when everything will crash, when the screen will simply die, or any really major problem will happen. At that point I will write, write again, call the USA office, communicate with their main office in China, perhaps start some legal action, definitely write hundreds of e mails to all the Hi-Tech magazines of the Western world, write to all the Consumers' Associations I will be able to reach, and who knows what else... Well, if I were you, if you still can, I would avoid the nightmare.
I vowed to my virginity (kidding) that I would never buy another Chinese e-reader product IF IF IF IF there's any other 9.7" pearl device available other than da Kindle!

sadly, there's still non around.
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #9
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by jian1 View Post
I vowed to my virginity (kidding) that I would never buy another Chinese e-reader product IF IF IF IF there's any other 9.7" pearl device available other than da Kindle!

sadly, there's still non around.
Be patient and wait for PocketBook; I'm also doing this .
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There is also a Jinke device: http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...tail.asp?id=47

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #11
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
So, who's gonna be da guinea pig this time?
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #12
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It seems that you can't buy this device (a development intention may be ?). But the most important is the software for dealing with pdf and other types of files - I know nothing about.

PS: in addition it has only DDR400 128MB so it will be slow
Old 09-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #13
adrhc
Connoisseur

@DaleDe
Also, they are saying nothing about pearl display in the related too short pdf.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #14
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
The blurb on the page the link goes to claims it is a pearl screen.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
It seems that you can't buy this device (a development intention may be ?). But the most important is the software for dealing with pdf and other types of files - I know nothing about.

PS: in addition it has only DDR400 128MB so it will be slow
Jinke is the maker of many brands and devices that we all use already. They market under the Hanlin name and they use ADE for ePub and PDF with all the features available. They also include Cool Reader on all their products and have good support for lots of formats. lBook is from Jinke, as is Astak readers, several BEBOOK, and many more.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refund