Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #16
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
*DISREGARD* I fixed the issue using a file found on XDA.

Here is a link to the post in case anyone has a similar issue:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=7

Basically you put this file on your SDCard and then when you boot into recovery mode you choose to load zip from sdcard, pick this file and let it do it's thing. When finished reboot the NC and it will come up with an error on the first boot(mine did), just reboot again and all should be well again but you will need to reinstall clockwork mod again I think(not sure). :-)

Hi All,

I followed the first post and all went well. Install rom manager, clockwork recovery and performed the nandroid backup. Everything went smoothly and completed according to the tutorial but after completing the nandroid and rebooting as described I keep getting punted back to the clockwork recovery screen. Is there something I missed?

Thanks,

Kevin

Last edited by ould; 02-17-2011 at 02:40 PM.
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ould View Post
*DISREGARD* I fixed the issue using a file found on XDA.

Here is a link to the post in case anyone has a similar issue:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=7
This post in this very thread also covers how to restore BN recovery, but I will put it in the first post so it is easier to find now that some methods of rooting result in CWM bootloops.

Question: when you followed the initial CWM instructions, did you do step 4 in the install (do a fresh reboot before rebooting into recovery)? Some people say that skipping this step results in bootloops, I'm wondering if that is the case or not.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #18
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
This post in this very thread also covers how to restore BN recovery, but I will put it in the first post so it is easier to find now that some methods of rooting result in CWM bootloops.

Question: when you followed the initial CWM instructions, did you do step 4 in the install (do a fresh reboot before rebooting into recovery)? Some people say that skipping this step results in bootloops, I'm wondering if that is the case or not.
Yes I did the full reboot in step 4 before I did anything else. From what I gathered on XDA it is something to do with the 1.1 root which is how I rooted. Not sure really but I will probably just use the Monster Root pack on an SD card for future backups/restores. I have a spare SD card I can use.

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #19
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
I've updated the first post in this thread to include clearer recovery instructions. info on 1.0.1 and 1.1 issues, and using CWM from sd.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #20
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
A couple of things:
1. It's not necessary to root to get CWM on eMMC. See this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132171
When there's a stable autonooter for a given version of the stock OS, maybe it comes down to 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, but in many cases my method will cut out some steps, it works regardless of your stock OS version, and it gives you a test-drivable Gingerbread ROM in equal or fewer steps than rooting.

2. However, for most purposes you are better off running CWM from uSD rather than installing it to eMMC in the first place.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert