Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
Unhappy Date updating when adding books (and overwrite duplicates)

When using "Automerge added books if they already exists", and choosing "Overwrite existing duplicate formats", the book's files are overwrited, but... what about the "Date" and the "Modified" fields? Calibre makes not changes on it, and I think it must be modified, not?
Pepin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The date field is the date when the book record was created and as such is not going to change when auto merging. I'm fairly sure last modified changes, though you may have to restart calibre to see the changes.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The date field is the date when the book record was created and as such is not going to change when auto merging. I'm fairly sure last modified changes, though you may have to restart calibre to see the changes.
Are you sure? I just tried adding a book and the "Modified" field remains with the same date. Then, I restart calibre, but I didn't see any change.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Depending on how you have dates displayed you may not actually see a change. For example, if you create the book record today and then auto-merge later today and the column is displaying only dates, it will not change.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
Pepin33
Zealot

Quote:
Depending on how you have dates displayed you may not actually see a change. For example, if you create the book record today and then auto-merge later today and the column is displaying only dates, it will not change.
Yes, right. But I'm doing more: I'm using order sorting by "Modified" (this is why I really want the date was updated), and the updated book didn't move in the list after and before the new adition.

Last edited by Pepin33; 08-07-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hover your mouse over the date, the tooltip will show you the full value, including seconds.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
Pepin33
Zealot

I tried this, and it didn't work. I activated full date-time in Preferences - date format - gui_last_modified_display_format. The showed date was '2012-08-07T09:24:34'.

Then I updated the book (it was 13:55:00), restarted Calibre, and the 'Modified' colum date was still '2012-08-07T09:24:34'.

Last edited by Pepin33; 08-07-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

OK, I'll look into it when I have a moment.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/12867
Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
Pepin33
Zealot

Quote:
I don't understand the code you propose, but I can't see any 'date' mention.

What do you mean with this? It was a bug and you solve this?

And... thanks you very much for your interest.

PD: Sorry, I found what you mean: "Update the last modified column record of a book, whenever a format is added to the book". So it will be solved in next revision, I think, right?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin33 View Post
PD: Sorry, I found what you mean: "Update the last modified column record of a book, whenever a format is added to the book". So it will be solved in next revision, I think, right?
yes .
Old 08-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
Pepin33
Zealot

Thank you very much.