Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 01:30 AM   #151
Alicia Rasley
Alicia Rasley began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle oldie here

I just have an old Kindle, without touch or Fire! But I like it because i am not distracted from reading. I think though I might get a Touch soon just because I like the "sweep" to turn pages.
I don't know that the "Fire" will be worth the $-- what do you all say? I mostly just read on the device.
Alicia Rasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #152
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I have a kobo touch, and the one thing I miss is the page turn buttons. It's not easy to swipe when you're holding the device with one hand.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #153
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I have a kobo touch, and the one thing I miss is the page turn buttons. It's not easy to swipe when you're holding the device with one hand.
The Kindle Touch also supports just tapping the screen to turn the pages. Doesn't the Kobo support that? But I agree it is nice to have buttons, some readers have both.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #154
martyinmaui
martyinmaui began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi all - just joined and I can see already I'm going to learn a lot here! Will spend some time lurking around today to get the lay of the land so to speak. Thanks!
martyinmaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #155
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The Kindle Touch also supports just tapping the screen to turn the pages. Doesn't the Kobo support that? But I agree it is nice to have buttons, some readers have both.

Dale
Yes it does, but to go one direction, you have to tap the opposite side of the screen from where you are holding it.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 AM   #156
yukii
yukii began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-T1
Thank you so much for this. Got a huge help what to buy for my 1st ereader. Now starting to learn how Dropbox and Caalibre work.
yukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #157
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Yes it does, but to go one direction, you have to tap the opposite side of the screen from where you are holding it.
For reverse this may be true but for next most of the screen works. Only a narrow edge on the left and top devoted to taps other than next. It is a very large area of the screen.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #158
rafa08
rafa08 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader ??
Smile buttons

Quote:

Dale
My Sony PRS650 can turn the pages by swipping, but the buttons are much easier, as they are just under my left thumb as I hold the reader.
Rafa
rafa08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #159
chnkymnky5125
chnkymnky5125 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy 10.1
thanks GrandMa for the help on where to start looking...
chnkymnky5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #160
kelger
kelger doesn't litterkelger doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Hi Folks, thanks for the brill site and greetings from the west of Ireland
Kelger
kelger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #161
J.L. Gentry
jengen
J.L. Gentry began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Cloud Reader
Thanks for the info

I am going to check out the free ebooks you have suggested.
J.L. Gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #162
freddydog1
freddydog1 began at the beginning.

Device: nextbook7
very helpfull for someone like me that is new to all of this
thanks for all the info and links
freddydog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #163
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Awesome!! 3 1/2 yr old post still relevent!!!

C'mon newbies..........introduce yourselves in the appropriate forum, and start learning, making friends, and posting in threads that trip your triggers.

No one here bites........except perhaps VR and thats only if you don't give him a bite of your donut..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #164
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Well, if you are really looking for free eBooks check the Mobile Read wiki. There is a whole page devoted to sites containing free eBooks. The eBook store page is also a good resource as many eBook stores also offer a fair number of free books. This forum is typically for deals and temporarily free eBooks. Together they cover the subject very well.

Dale

Thank a lot for the info.. I am searching for a free eBooks. I am happy I am here in this forum.
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #165
hemant1
hemant1 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung wave y (s5380)
Smile hindi epub fb2 books

provide hindi language ebooks links. please dear grandma.
hemant1 is offline   Reply With Quote